Subject: Escape from Saucer with 4 Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For people who've beaten this scenario with 4 heroes, what was your strategy?

I've played this scenario 7 times. Five of those times was with 4 heroes (playing solo), and I never even got close to winning. I finally beat it when I scaled back to using two heroes (Professor and Captain), and it didn't even seem that hard. Does this scenario scale poorly with more heroes, or is there some strategy I should be using in 4p? I tried many different combinations of heroes and strategies 4p and nothing seemed to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing everything you could to save those poor Thralls from dreadful lives of servitude, Paul! Your efforts have been noticed by Rocket Patrol high command.

That said, we now feel we probably made the Venus: Escape from the Slave Saucer mission a little too tough to kick off our adventure storyline.

As a veteran of seven play-throughs, I suspect you've already considered this, but when I play, I always try to make sure the Rocketeers spend the first turns scouring the inner ring for gear... and I try to free a Thrall or two before progressing to the outer ring where the Alien tokens are much tougher. Other than that, I'm afraid all I have to offer is general advice (i.e., if you find yourself opening the same hatch a few times over a few turns, there might be a more efficient way to plan your turns).

One of the challenges on this mission is locating the Elevator tile, and a fellow Rocketeer proposed a great house rule to adjust the difficulty a bit. I encourage everyone to adopt this rule next time they attempt to Escape from the Slave Saucer:

"Each time you Rescue (not Subdue) a Thrall, reveal a face-down tile marker, discarding decoy markers as usual."

This should help you avoid splitting up your party to search for the exit...

Please let us know if this helps, Paul. Those poor Thralls need all the assistance we can offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.