Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
When using Players Rescue, when does the crashed out player take control of a robot car? At the end of his turn after crashing out, or at the beginning of the robot car's turn? And which tires does he use, the tires indicated on his car chart (since the player is instructed to refill his tire chips), or the robot tires?

Here is the situation that happened yesterday: Blue Player was ahead of Red Player, who was ahead of Blue Player's Robot Teammate. Weather was uncertain, Blue and Red Player were on soft tires, and the robots were on rain tires. On Blue Player's turn, he crashed out. We agreed he could use Players Rescue and take over his teammate (rather than the last placed robot). Red Player went and changed the weather to dry. All robots immediately pit for hard tires. Now it's Blue Player's Robot Teammate's turn (now controlled by the Blue Player).

So, did the robot teammate come under control of the Blue Player on Blue Player's turn (in which case it wouldn't have had to automatically pit since it was no longer a robot) or at the beginning of its turn (in which it would have automatically pit)? And was it using the tires indicated on the car chart, since it's also using the chips and cards and skill and strategy (in which case it again wouldn't have had to pit), or was it using the robots' tires (in which case the rules could have clarified to refill tire chips to match the robots' tire choice)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do like this:
Blue player crash, end of players turn.
Red player takes his turn
Blue robot moves as a robot.
Other cars move.
Next turn.
Red player moves.
Blue player take control of Blue robot.
And so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
I would do like this:
Blue player crash, end of players turn.
Red player takes his turn
Blue robot moves as a robot.
Other cars move.
Next turn.
Red player moves.
Blue player take control of Blue robot.
And so on.

Good point, then the player doesn't get two goes in one turn.

What about tires? I'm thinking they should use whatever tires the robot was on. And they still get to use their skill and strategy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think we would let the player pit the car and setup the car as he like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Rene's first post. A player should not get more than one individual turn per game turn.

As for which kind of tyres they get, you could let them set it up like they just came out of a pit stop. It just happens that in this case the robot just pitted. These specifics should be decided before the race or season is started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
Here is the situation that happened yesterday: Blue Player was ahead of Red Player, who was ahead of Blue Player's Robot Teammate. Weather was uncertain, Blue and Red Player were on soft tires, and the robots were on rain tires. On Blue Player's turn, he crashed out.
How did this happen? I’ve raced many, many times, and I’ve seen a player crash only once. The driver tied two others in a contest, and he had only one damage slot left, so he should have declined the contest in the first place. What happened to your driver?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
As for which kind of tyres they get, you could let them set it up like they just came out of a pit stop. It just happens that in this case the robot just pitted. These specifics should be decided before the race or season is started.

For sure; I missed this rule when setting up the season since I was only using the 3.0L rulebook and it isn't in there.

shilinski wrote:
Gravey wrote:
Here is the situation that happened yesterday: Blue Player was ahead of Red Player, who was ahead of Blue Player's Robot Teammate. Weather was uncertain, Blue and Red Player were on soft tires, and the robots were on rain tires. On Blue Player's turn, he crashed out.
How did this happen? I’ve raced many, many times, and I’ve seen a player crash only once. The driver tied two others in a contest, and he had only one damage slot left, so he should have declined the contest in the first place. What happened to your driver?

He took a chance at Eau Rouge and failed both blind checks.

So yeah, there was a safety car for one turn and I didn't change the weather until the turn after that (he still took control of his teammate during the safety car period). I omitted that from the example for the sake of brevity (pretend the example happened at Mirabeau in Monaco).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

You know off-track checks are not blind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, he chose blind for the off-track check. Luck and/or wisdom were not with him that day. But don't feel too bad for him, he's still 9 points ahead of me in the championship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:
Quote:

We have always played them blind. A bit more exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm, we have always played it blind. Good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.