Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As this forum has been getting lit up with a variety of Gloomhaven threads over the past few days, is there any chance of getting a comprehensive mega-thread going for this game? I realize that it's very popular these days, but do we really need half-a-dozen topics going on it?

For the short term, I'm saying just make one thread that folks who want a deal on this game can check out/subscribe. Might even be a good way to compare prices/deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
No need since almost everything Gloomhaven has been sold out everywhere :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what we really need is a restock sub-forum, it's not just Gloomhaven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cutievalkyrie wrote:
No need since almost everything Gloomhaven has been sold out everywhere :-)

I almost made one but realized exactly this and decided not to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JVKhoury wrote:
As this forum has been getting lit up with a variety of Gloomhaven threads over the past few days, is there any chance of getting a comprehensive mega-thread going for this game? I realize that it's very popular these days, but do we really need half-a-dozen topics going on it?

For the short term, I'm saying just make one thread that folks who want a deal on this game can check out/subscribe. Might even be a good way to compare prices/deals.

Well of course it depends on how people are desperate to get one and what price are they looking for

If it's $140 USD and free shipping then you can try this one

http://www.gatehouse-games.com/products/search?q=gloomhaven

Pretty sure everyone is trying to sell one nowadays if Wal-Mart got into the game...

Someone should make a excel sheet in google drive just for this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I counted six posts on the first page... is it that hard not to scroll past and ignore. I mean the title tells you exactly what it is.

Im appreciative of them because it helped me get a copy. So now I just ignore them.

It's not like we are getting so many that important posts we want to see are getting bumped to page 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb

You're all thinking too small...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Hahn
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But wouldn't it just be easier and better to have one post, so the people who are looking for it can see all the deals in one place? Rather than a bunch of separate posts to look at and clog up the first page? I would think so.

Besides, half the ones being posted aren't even Hot Deals. They're just average restock posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
AriusAneid wrote:
But wouldn't it just be easier and better to have one post, so the people who are looking for it can see all the deals in one place? Rather than a bunch of separate posts to look at and clog up the first page? I would think so.

Besides, half the ones being posted aren't even Hot Deals. They're just average restock posts.

New posts are easier for me to spot. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Also anything in stock and under msrp is a hot deal...just look at what it costs right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Don't worry, these posts will die off and y'all can wait till the third printing to get all upset again. Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just post on the Gloomhaven General forum: https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1610969/gloomhaven/general

If you want updates, subscribe to Gloomhaven

(I often check the individual game forums to see reprint status, etc. For instance, there is good reprint info available on the Azul forum. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/230802/azul/forums/65)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can it be called "The Haven of Gloom" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Belk
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody is interested I can probably get you a copy of gloom haven for 180+ shipping. That’s cheaper than what’s on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"block" is your friend

But I do agree with the ridiculousness of 8 different threads. Usually someone posts a hot deal and then everyone obliterates them in the comments of that thread showing all the pricing and all the other places you can find the item. (a Little obnoxious, but at least everything is in one place) They don't post an individual thread for each place selling the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togo Took
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
There is no game but Gloomhaven. BoardGameGeek is the messenger of Gloomhaven.

Be forewarned, bad things happen to those who say otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who's curious I pre-ordered Gloomhaven 14 months ago from Cardhaus. They shipped it the day of release (2nd edition) and here is how it came:

#9,088 of 47,000 - double boxed with a 1/2 of foam surrounding the entire inside of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.