7 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Found a KS version not sure which version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
Cost about $200. Can someone tell me how to id the version. Asked the store guy and he doesn't know except they had it for a while (over a year at least) and thinks it's the base version. Should I buy it or the one for sale now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quazi Kenshin
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
OPACY
badge
{^,^} meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds really expensive to me.

I seem to recall coolstuff having them for sale for under $120 and those are probably OS2.

Even if the version you found has a "KS Exclusive" player marker, I think you're better off spending your money on factions and / or maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
Picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding, the 2nd printing wasn't available until at the earliest April of last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
119.99 at coolstuffinc,
114.97 at gamenerdz.
(Both of those have free shipping at $100 I believe,
but you definitely should check if added shipping raises those prices.)

The only thing that might be in the Original KS box that would be different
might be the Exclusive Dice, and I'm fairly sure they were packaged separately (almost positive).
I know for a fact the Asenath Waite and the H.P Lovecraft first player makers were packaged separately.

{Edit:
The dice were also definitely packaged separately:
there is absolutely nothing unique or exclusive inside the first printing KS box).

Also:
The new printings have several minor fixes in rules, molding of figures, & packaging.
Save the money for expansions and get the less expensive and newer printings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first printing box itself is actually exclusive, what with having all the backers' names printed on the inside. But, that's probably meaningless to anyone who wasn't one of said backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no KS version. There's two printings - the first edition (with KS backer names on the inner box) and the slightly modified second edition. The changes are so small that it really doesn't matter which you have.

Neither of them have any "KS exclusive" content.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.