2013 Presentation Thread - managed by Ziilch
2014 Nomination Thread - managed by CrimsonFox / linguistfromhell
2014 Presentation Thread - managed by linguistfromhell
2015 Nomination Thread - managed by linguistfromhell
2015 Presentation Thread - managed by linguistfromhell
2016 Nomination Thread - managed by linguistfromhell
2016 Presentation Thread - managed by linguistfromhell
2017 Nomination Thread - managed by linguistfromhell / The_Rorab

This thread is a place to make and keep track of nominations for the 2017 Wolfie Awards. If you feel that someone gave an outstanding performance or if you were part of a great game, please consider nominating them for a Wolfie. All you need to do is give the name of the player or game along with the category(ies) you wish to nominate them for. If possible, please also include a link to the game's Cassandra page. If you feel so inspired, go ahead and add a few words explaining why you think that player or game is deserving of the award. If you don't want to publicly nominate for any reason, sending the nomination in a PM is fine.

A player may be nominated more than once for the same category.

Remember, only games that finished in 2018 are eligible for the 2018 Wolfie Awards. That means that only game
2973 - Hi 189 and on are eligible.

In addition to all of the categories listed below, if you think that there should be a category added, this thread is the place to do that as well.

INDIVIDUAL PLAY CATEGORIES:

Best Performance as a Villager: This award goes to the player that did the best job as a plain villager with no attributes or powers. The player did not have to survive the game to be eligible. The player's team did not have to win to be eligible.

Best Performance as a Good Special: This award goes to the player that did the best job as a good special in a game. A good special is any role with an attribute or power. The player did not have to survive the game to be eligible. The player's team did not have to win to be eligible.

Best Performance as an Aux. Evil: This award goes to the player that did the best job as an auxiliary evil in a game. The player did not have to survive the game to be eligible. The player's team did not have to win to be eligible.

Best Performance as a Max Evil: This award goes to the player that did the best job as a max evil in a game. The player did not have to survive the game to be eligible. The player's team did not have to win to be eligible.

Best Performance as an Outed Evil: This award goes to the player who was revealed as evil during the course of the game. This player then confirmed the reveal and want on to antagonize the remaining players. Players do not have to be lynched to receive this award.

Best Performance as a Neutral: This award goes to the player that did the best job as a neutrally-aligned player in a game. The player did not have to survive (or win) the game to be eligible. The player did not have to be neutrally-aligned the entire game to be eligible.

Most Entertaining Moment: This award goes to the player (or players) that did something particularly hilarious in a game.

Best Counter-Claim Battle: This award goes to the 2 (or more) players that have claimed the same role in a game which resulted in a back and forth battle over who is telling the truth.

Best Individual Post: This award goes to the player who made an outstanding post which was the highlight of the game. This post could be something humorous, the turning point of the game, what many players commented on after the game, etc.

BSC (batshit crazy) Award: This award goes to the player who did something beyond normal play during a game. Whatever he/she tried did not have to work for the person to receive this award.

Best Performance Role Playing: This award goes to the player that kept his/her posts within the theme of game and/or the character/role he/she was given / chose.

Best Performance as a Team: This award goes to the group of players that performed exceptionally well together. The players that win this award will not be eligible for any of the following individual play awards. The players that make up the team that wins this award will not be eligible for the below individual play categories if nominated from the same game. If player X is nominated both as part of a team and for best villager play for game tango, then player X would not be eligible to win for best villager play if his team wins for best team play.

Best Teamwork: This award goes to a pair of players who together made some sort of notable play or contribution to a game as a duo. The players did not have to survive the game to be eligible. The player's team did not have to win to be eligible.

Best Fast Play: This award goes to the player that made the best play in a Fast Game. This award is for any alignment and for any size fast game. The player did not have to survive the game to be eligible. The player's team did not have to win to be eligible.

Best Community Contribution: This award goes to the member of the werewolf community that did something particularly meaningful or memorable for the forum.

OVERALL PLAYER CATEGORIES:

Rookie of the Year: This award goes to the player whose first game occurred in late 2016 / 2017 that showed the best playing skills, participation, etc. over the course of 2017. This award is mutually exclusive with the Player of the Year award.

Moderator of the Year: This award does to the moderator that did the best job creating a game(s), running a game(s), etc. over the course of 2017.

Player of the Year: This award goes to the player who showed the best playing skills, participation, etc. over the course of 2017. This award is mutually exclusive with the Rookie of the Year award.

GAME CATEGORIES:

Best New Werewolf Mechanism, Rule, or Role Set: This award goes to the game that had the most innovative, new werewolf mechanism, rule, or role set that had not previously been seen in a game before 2017.

Best Theme: This award goes to the game with the best overall theme. This includes the role set, role attributes/powers, flavor text, rules, and/or mechanics of the game so that it is set within a specific theme.

Best Writing: Original Theme: This award is for the best flavor text written by a moderator where the game had an original theme. This means the theme of the game was not based upon any previously known entity (movie, game, TV show, comic book, etc.). Only original writing is considered valid.

Best Writing: Adapted Theme: This award is for the best flavor text written by a moderator where the game had an adapted theme. This means the game was based on a previously know entity (movie, game, TV show, comic book, etc.). Only original writing is considered valid.

Best Traditional Werewolf Game: This award goes to the best game that could be played face-to-face with a standard WW card deck.

Best Non-Traditional Werewolf Game: This award goes to the best game that could not be played face-to-face with a standard WW card deck (games with items, movement, etc.).

Best Non-Werewolf Game: This award goes to the best game played on the boards which does not meet the criteria for a Werewolf game. A non-WW game would be one that is missing one or more of the following WW elements:
A) Informed Minority Vs. Uninformed Majority
B) Elimination by Lynch and/or Night Kill
C) Victory by Parity/Elimination of Parity

Game of the Year: This award goes to the best game played on the boards. The winner of this award is not eligible any other game award. There is no limit on the size of the game nominated for this award.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
INDIVIDUAL PLAY NOMINATIONS:

Best Performance as a Villager:
1. oldhoss - Cubs and Seers - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Performance as a Good Special:

Best Performance as an Aux. Evil:

Best Performance as a Max Evil:
1. GaiusJC - Doctor Who: The Shadow of the Doctor - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
2. Limeztone - Hi 195 - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Performance as an Outed Evil:

Best Performance as a Neutral:
1. BerenCamlost - Guess What's Coming to Dinner 5 - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Most Entertaining Moment:

Best Counter-Claim Battle:

Best Individual Post:
1. zenofkermit - Hi 193 - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post - Nominated Post
2. ljtrigirl - Mean Wolves - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post - Nominated Post

BSC (batshit crazy) Award:

Best Performance Role Playing:
1. ljtrigirl - Mean Wolves - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
2. Smugvid - PLEASE TAKE OFF YOUR HAT - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Performance as a Team:
1. Team Evil - Matrix 9er XVIII - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
2. Team Good - Random Role Set 29 - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
3. Team Evil - Game 3000 - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Teamwork:
1. nolemonplease and Mimikyu - Mean Wolves - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Fast Play:
1. PaperF - Auto-mod: 5er (unimaginative name) - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Community Contribution*:

* - Decision will be made by the judging committee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
OVERALL PLAYER NOMINATIONS:

Rookie of the Year:

Moderator of the Year:

Player of the Year:

Moderator's games:
(To be filled out late in the year)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME NOMINATIONS:

Best New Werewolf Mechanism, Rule, or Role Set:

Best Theme:

Best Writing: Original Theme:

Best Writing: Adapted Theme:

Best Traditional Werewolf Game:
1. Be Amekins (Moderator: ljtrigirl, Amekins, The_Rorab) - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

Best Non-Traditional Werewolf Game:

Best Non-Werewolf Game:

Game of the Year:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
So these held posts are for changes to the way we do this, and something we've talked about is allowing people to make placeholder nominations and having these listed somewhere below the main lot so that people can come back to the thread and know what was wanted to be made for later as opposed to trying to remember.

Please if you have a placeholder nomination to make, post in the thread as per usual, bold and post thread link and stuff and I'll compile them here!

Doctor Who - theme????
Cubs and Seers - Team Good
dejojam1 - Best Villager - RRS 30
PaperF - GS - Game 3k
Yuki_ - Max Evil - Game 3k
Vanderscamp - Outed Evil - RRS 30
Theme - Mean Wolves
Mechanic - Wheel of Fate
Geist role - Best Mechanism
The_Rorab - Best Aux - Firefly
Entertaining - fake aux hint - Firefly
Firefly - best theme
Hats - Team Good
Rainbow 8 - team Good
xandryyte - Best GS - Rainbow 8
claudinko - Best post - 11er and better 2
whirlingdervish - Best post - Rainbow 10
cvb2009 - Best Max - Hi 197
2mill - RP? Hurin
Cubs and Seers 2 - Best Game/Set etc
Avin RP RP game
Royal the Tinker - Entertaining - Cubs
Team Good - Children of Hurin
Avin - Children of Hurin Theme
RP game evil or game thing?
2mill - Entertaining No Meta
Team Evil - UtS
Samool - Best Aux - Hi 198
zenofkermit - Best post - Hi 198
Vanilla 13er - VIII - Best Trad game?
CC battle - Dejo/oldhoss - Rookie Roster
zenofkermit - Best Villager - Hi 198
Incredibles - Theme or anything y/n?
Rookie Roster - game?
2401 Holland - Theme/writing/evil
Forum Guess Who - Best Non-WW
Unusual 15er - Best Evil Team

Rookie list:

claudinko
jeonjungkook
Limeztone
Yuki_
spj91
Samool
BeardMcMullen
treznor
zenofkermit
zurishaddai
bric
oldhoss
TWM03
nYanCatChan
holiam

Reduxed games list:

Oh My! 7
Lord of the Rings: Helm's Deep
Chronicles of Amber III
Elftown
Scoop of Strawberry with Sprinkles
Mement0.2
Brevity 5
Literate Goat, Held Horse and Fishy Volcano
Children of Hurin
Literate Goat
UtS 6?
Vanilla 13er VIII
Rookie Roster III?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
held

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
held?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
(now in the correct spot!)

I want to nominate Team Evil (SamoolSamosa and zurishaddai) from Matrix 9er XVIII for Best Performance as a Team

http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1909058

Samool and zuri had a set that had a history of being won by Good the previous 3 times it had come up. A roleblocker wolf and vanilla wolf up against a jailkeeper, captain and 5 villagers.

Evil ended up getting ZERO night kills - they targeted Villager Beren for kills the first two nights but he was protected each night by Jailkeeper Cap. The third night, they targeted Captain janiera who survived her first NK. And days 1, 2, 3 saw mislynches of villagers.

They went into D4 with good having bought themselves a whole extra mislynch AND with both GSes alive, a situation that normally looks pretty bad.

And yet here's how Vanders sums up the situation -

Quote:
Vanderscamp Jan 9, 10:16 PM: This is definitely the weirdest matrix game I've modded
Vanderscamp Jan 9, 10:17 PM: Three no kills and both specials still alive
Vanderscamp Jan 9, 10:17 PM: But evil is somehow almost a lock to win
Vanderscamp Jan 9, 10:17 PM: how wild is that

Despite things being mechanically against them, Samool and zuri both had done a fantastic job during the game at looking good and distancing themselves from each other. Other than D1 when Samool had a single vote, neither of them ever ended the day with ANY votes on them.

Cap had claimed Jailkeeper at the end of D3 and wolves made the decision to leave him alive and use a NK getting through Captain jan's tough. This let zuri immediately counter him at the start of D4, announcing that he was the real Jailkeeper. And everyone immediately believed him.
janiera wrote:
zurishaddai wrote:
Okay. Cap is guaranteed evil. How do I know? Read along...

Cap says Jailkeeper should claim if they are in danger or being lynched and then goes on to claim Jailkeeper when he is in no danger?

If good, why claim Jailkeeper if there was the possibility of getting subsequently NKed?

The final reason I know Cap is evil is that I am the Jailkeeper. I considered claiming yesterday in the face of Sarah's suspicion of me, but I didn't want to give the wolves an easy NK target.

I jailed:

N1 - Cap (either I stopped him, or Jan got hit and debuffed)
N2 - Sarah (She must have been the target for the NK and I saved her, but I took it as a sign of her being evil)
N3 - Cap (due to his obvious false claim)

In retrospect, I don't think Cap would have given the final order on N3 due to me knowing he is evil. So, I can only deduce that I stopped Cap on N1 and team evil targeted Jan for the NK on N3, or they wanted a WIFOM situation for me and Cap actually gave the order.

Team evil didn't absolutely need a kill on N3, and we are now in a must-lynch situation.

[vote Cap]

THIS I believe... I didn't want to see Gaius lynched yesterday because I felt he was good... I definitely wasn't seeing evil Gaius (although I was wrong on Sarah... I admit my read of her has changed, but my suspicion was based on more than just reads...)

I did not believe Cap' s claim when he wasn't nk'ed last night... Take that into consideration when believing his claim... [vote cap]...

BerenCamlost wrote:
Kill Cap. Kill Gaius. I think we win.

Fantastic job Jailkeeper. I'll write you a wolfie nom at the end of this.

zuri was so convincing that his partner didn't even need to nightfall because Good was so fast to believe his claim.

Even when the game ended, no one guessed the right wolf pair until roles were revealed for everyone. People were able to guess one of Samool or zuri but no one could find them both together.
SamoolSamosa wrote:
How many times did people say 'Samool and Zuri aren't wolves together' whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I talk about myself as he in the third person. This isn't a typo. =)
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
Be Amekins for best Trad WW game.

http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1828396
Be Amekins

First, this game survived a week where BGG kept promising to be almost functional, but never was, where posting could only be done in bursts. I read or participated in a few other games, but they all fell flat compared to what the players achieved here in terms of having a real D1 and the mods did in clearly communicating when we were not going to have lynch and their wise decisions in that regard. By the time we did have a lynch, it had felt long and wearying, but very much still a valid game.

The set was solid, both teams played very well at points and had other points they dropped the ball, and it came down to an LHLV race for the two goods to get not just 2 votes on an evil, but on the RIGHT evil in a set where it had been suggested (correctly, as it turns out) that the last wolf was a Tinker WW, which meant the views we had could mean anything. It came down to reads, and the wolf had auxboxed herself the day before after kick ass tone game. Even after we did get that LHLV, the remaining evils didn't give up and filled us with WIFOM and dread.

It was a nailbiter, and that this game experience could come out of this week was a magical thing that took a lot on the part of all the folks involved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me.
badge
The enemy's gate is down.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to nominate Team Good for Best Team Performance in Random Role Set 29.

The set that was rolled definitely favored team good, but some good reads and decisions on their part made this 11er the shortest non-fiver I've seen.

After a D1 that was a bit slow to start, some great reads by members of Team Good led to a D1 Lynch of janiera, the Brutal Werewolf, who happened to brutal Paper, the Sorcerer Cultist. N1, dejojam, the remaining werewolf NKed acox, one of the masons. Meanwhile, BeardMcMullen, the Alignment Seer settled on a view of a tricky player, dejojam, and got a "Team Evil" view. Upon seeing the NK reveal, Beard immediately realized the only remaining evil player was the last WW. He enthusiastically gave his view and nightfell on dejo within 10 minutes of dawn. The rest of the village followed suit and dejo realized she had no way out and surrendered to the Lynch.

D1 dusk happened at 8:30 and the game was called around 9:20. I think we were all shocked with how quickly this game ended. While there was an element of luck involved, I was super impressed with some of the clutch reads and decisions made by Team Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Max- Best Fast Play is for like Fivers, Seveners, Day of Niners, etc, were it's not a day schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of which, I'd like to nominate PaperF for Best Fast Play in Auto-mod: 5er (unimaginative name) (Cassy).

Paper drew Sorcerer as his role, and decided to challenge himself and not submit an N0 view. Cap draws Seer and gets an N0 hit on me as the Wolf. Paper immediately recognises that Cap seems sincere in his claim, calls a clear on Cap, and starts pushing Cap as Sorc. Me, CVB and Samool retract our claims, and I help Paper push the Village to vote out Cap as guaranteed Sorc, given Paper has a clear of him. The Village buys that Cap must be Sorc, because if Paper was Sorc, he'd be calling a hit on Cap and so Cap is duly voted off.

I tried to NK Samool as Villy but Cassy didn't register the kill, so I had to out and explain that the game should effectively be over, because, even though the Hunter was alive, Paper had done enough on D1 that I was just going to nightfall CVB.

Anyway, ignoring the smooshed ending, it was incredible work by Paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to nominate Whirlingdervish for Best Max Evil in WW Legacy Season 3 - January.

Legacy’s a different beast, and Tanner had a few things going against him this game. First, he and his co-wolf ate their sorc N1 after she claimed seer to get out of Lynch and the martyr didn’t protect her. Additionally, N1 saw an envelope opened that confirmed 2 of the remaining 3 members of Team Evil. The envelope was for the Aux-Seer viewing a wolf and the Seer viewing an Aux. This left Tanner as the only non-outed evil facing a likely math loss or long slog through mislynches IF he was lucky. He and his wolf partner made some great NKs and won every game of NK-Chicken they played with the martyr, giving Tanner a CHANCE to win by preventing the number of clears needed for good to math win. He successfully made it to a F3 where both living Villagers were pretty sure he was good. He came in to the F3 with some killer tone in his hunting posts, and it felt like the living goods were both trying to convince him to vote with them.

Throughout the game, Tanner had super great tone, making him very hard to find. He got 1 vote in the entire game and never ended a day with votes on him. He (and team evil) were in a super rough spot after N1, but Tanner managed to pull out the win in an impressive showing.

Thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1926181/werewolf-legacy...
Cassy: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1926181/chat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:
I want to nominate Whirlingdervish for Best Max Evil in WW Legacy Season 3 - January.

Legacy’s a different beast, and Tanner had a few things going against him this game. First, he and his co-wolf ate their sorc N1 after she claimed seer to get out of Lynch and the martyr didn’t protect her. Additionally, N1 saw an envelope opened that confirmed 2 of the remaining 3 members of Team Evil. The envelope was for the Aux-Seer viewing a wolf and the Seer viewing an Aux. This left Tanner as the only non-outed evil facing a likely math loss or long slog through mislynches IF he was lucky. He and his wolf partner made some great NKs and won every game of NK-Chicken they played with the martyr, giving Tanner a CHANCE to win by preventing the number of clears needed for good to math win. He successfully made it to a F3 where both living Villagers were pretty sure he was good. He came in to the F3 with some killer tone in his hunting posts, and it felt like the living goods were both trying to convince him to vote with them.

Throughout the game, Tanner had super great tone, making him very hard to find. He got 1 vote in the entire game and never ended a day with votes on him. He (and team evil) were in a super rough spot after N1, but Tanner managed to pull out the win in an impressive showing.

Dangit, you beat me to it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acox89 wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:

heh I knew I had to race LJ for it and I thought it was likely there would be others interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:
acox89 wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:

heh I knew I had to race LJ for it and I thought it was likely there would be others interested

Yup, I was for sure writing this if no one else did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:

I just want to emphasize that they dodged the martyr protect two nights in a row to kill both of the seers and only allow one more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys really made my day just now. heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Those Blorgons nearly peppered our biscuits
badge
The question isn't where, constable --- But, when?
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:

I just want to emphasize that they dodged the martyr protect two nights in a row to kill both of the seers and only allow one more clear.

Poor Paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to nominate oldhoss for Best Villager in Cubs and Seers

Cubs and Seers was a game that good won rather convincingly, though with a very tight D1 - Paper was just lynched over oldhoss.

Later revealing that Paper was a Villager, and with hoss being uncleared in a very tight and dwindling pool of Villager claimants, one could be excused for assuming oldhoss would surely be one of the lynches given that Paper was sniped onto to be lynched over him, that Paper was proven to be a Villager, that Acox (who sniped Paper over oldhoss) was lynched as turned out to be a Wolf Cub who knew the wolves. Yet with all of this mounting series of events - I can tell you instead that hoss not only lived until the end of the game, but didn't receive a single vote at day end after D1!

He was one of the pivotal votes on the final lynch to lynch the last wolf in Samool - and his play in the game justified this surprising shift from suspected to trusted - and it was perspective posts such as:

oldhoss wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
oldhoss wrote:

Vander - do you still think that good should claim roles here?

Yes.
I don't expect it to happen D1 but I'm hoping it happens today.
Some people say that they don't like all claiming, my response to that is for us to design more sets that don't have the 1/3 GS 1/3 evil 1/3 villager thing that makes all claiming a great idea.

I'm a Villager.

If I'm counting right, that makes 5 claims of villager.

I'm willing to jump on the next lynch grenade if it means possibly avoiding lynching a GS. If we can suss out a wolf or baddie before then, great. If not, I'm a better option than a claimed GS.

oldhoss wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:

Oldhoss (I’m seeing a bunch of mechanical comments, but no actual reads. I think he's unlikely to be a wolf though from what happened yesterday.)

That's fair. And it's true. I didn't and still don't really have any strong reads.

I thought Paper overreacted to some stuff and egburr was a little too defensive of his failing to post at lynch. I guess those were pingy, but not enough to push me one way or another on either of them.

I don't like that Gauis never really showed up yesterday.

That's all I got right now everyone else seems good - or at least "not evil."

oldhoss wrote:
D1 Lynch Chaos

2:57 VOTE TALLY

Player (15/15) - # - Voted by

zenofkermit - 4 - acox89(15), BeardMcMullen(19), Vanderscamp(37), claudinko(38), acox89(41), bschoneberger(42)
PaperF - 3 - egburr(2), dejojam1(18), zenofkermit(31), zenofkermit(39)
Vanderscamp - 2 - BerenCamlost(1), The_Rorab(7), zenofkermit(34), oldhoss(35)
BerenCamlost - 2 - Vanderscamp(9), GaiusJC(11), zenofkermit(25), Vanderscamp(43)
oldhoss - 2 - zenofkermit(30), BerenCamlost(40), PaperF(44)
BeardMcMullen - 1 - SamoolSamosa(21), zenofkermit(24)
The_Rorab - 0 - SamoolSamosa(3), PaperF(10), zenofkermit(33)
Amekins - 0 - claudinko(14), zenofkermit(23)
egburr - 0 - oldhoss(6), zenofkermit(28)
GaiusJC - 0 - zenofkermit(29)
acox89 - 0 - oldhoss(17), zenofkermit(22)
dejojam1 - 0 - bschoneberger(4), BeardMcMullen(16), PaperF(20), zenofkermit(27), acox89(36)
claudinko - 0 - zenofkermit(13)
SamoolSamosa - 0 - dejojam1(8), zenofkermit(32)
bschoneberger - 0 - oldhoss(5), Vanderscamp(12), zenofkermit(26)

Not Voting: Amekins

2:58 VOTE TALLY

zenofkermit - 3 - acox89(15), BeardMcMullen(19), Vanderscamp(37), claudinko(38), acox89(41), bschoneberger(42)
oldhoss - 3 - zenofkermit(30), BerenCamlost(40), PaperF(44), acox89(45)
BerenCamlost - 2 - Vanderscamp(9), GaiusJC(11), zenofkermit(25), Vanderscamp(43)
BeardMcMullen - 1 - SamoolSamosa(21), zenofkermit(24)
dejojam1 - 0 - bschoneberger(4), BeardMcMullen(16), PaperF(20), zenofkermit(27), acox89(36)

2:59 VOTE TALLY

oldhoss - 5 - zenofkermit(30), BerenCamlost(40), PaperF(44), acox89(45), Vanderscamp(46), SamoolSamosa(47)
zenofkermit - 3 - acox89(15), BeardMcMullen(19), Vanderscamp(37), claudinko(38), acox89(41), bschoneberger(42)
BerenCamlost - 1 - Vanderscamp(9), GaiusJC(11), zenofkermit(25), Vanderscamp(43)
BeardMcMullen - 0 - SamoolSamosa(21), zenofkermit(24)

3:01 (Final) VOTE TALLY

PaperF - 4 - egburr(2), dejojam1(18), zenofkermit(31), zenofkermit(39), acox89(48)
oldhoss - 4 - zenofkermit(30), BerenCamlost(40), PaperF(44), acox89(45), Vanderscamp(46), SamoolSamosa(47), PaperF(50)
zenofkermit - 3 - acox89(15), BeardMcMullen(19), Vanderscamp(37), claudinko(38), acox89(41), bschoneberger(42), PaperF(49)
BerenCamlost - 1 - Vanderscamp(9), GaiusJC(11), zenofkermit(25), Vanderscamp(43)
BeardMcMullen - 0 - SamoolSamosa(21), zenofkermit(24)

I'm a villager. You guys will either believe that or your won't and Vander will be able to confirm my status post mortem if you don't believe me and I get lynched tomorrow.

But if you assume for the moment that I am a villager, why the run on me?

If Paper turns out to be a wolf, then maybe it looks like an attempted Paper save.

But if Paper is not a wolf, I can't come up with anything other than a misdirection to put a known non-wolf (me) in the village's lynching sights.

I don't know.

I feel like we should have some more information to go on, but then I realize that we are only starting D2.

And finally, on the last day, hoss goes against his gut to find the right answer!

oldhoss wrote:
I came into today thinking 75% chance that Gaius was evil and 25% chance that it was Samool. Now I'm feeling those percentages are reversed.

Really my read comes down to a case of the "lady doth protest too much, methinks." I understand that we are on trial here, as someone said.
So we do need to defend ourselves and therefore some amount of defensive tone is not surprising. But I felt that Samool's tone changed quite a bit today. And Gaius has stayed, well, Gaius.

I'm not sold yet. There a couple statements that people made that I really don't understand or didn't seem like they were answered. I'm going to go back and point those out. If you want to answer or explain, thta'd be great.

And Samool, I understand the box you are in (damned if you defend yourself, damned if you don't).

There wasn't anything super flashy in the game from him, and Gaius was also brilliant as a Villager, but to come back from that sort of circumstance and D1 to not even be in lynch contention on the last day is really awesome =)

Thread: Cubs and Seers: A 15 player game with no role reveals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note this post: Re: 2018 Wolfie Award Nominations! as the first change that we're making to the wolfy format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am nominating this post, by Zenofkermit: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/28180512#28180512 for best post!

To set the scene:

Letsbegood has been explaining his votes all as die rolls. Based on mod chat, I think he really was rolling a die?

He then posts:

LetsBeGood wrote:
I asked my dad again, and it said it would also make sense to [Vote zenofkermit].

He later explained that this was an autocorrect from "D10", but it totally puzzled the thread - where did his dad come from and was that serious? Zen decides he is best suited to get to the bottom of this:

zenofkermit wrote:
LetsBeGood wrote:
I asked my dad again, and it said it would also make sense to [Vote zenofkermit].

I ran this through Lycan Translate, and by the Old Gods and the New, as well as the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it came up with:

My course of action is clear.

[vote letsbegood] (Oh, what an ironic name!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beren for best Neutral in Guess What's Coming to Dinner? 5

http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1930509
Guess What's Coming to Dinner 5

Ber was playing the Blob, who slowly marked people alphabetically for his victory condition. Things were going pretty well, but he couldn't make it last forever, and had to make a choice: was his read of the game state good enough?

He first tried what I THINK was a hint, which I noticed, but didn't respond to:

BerenCamlost wrote:
acox89 wrote:
I had always intended to vote Paper yesterday. I just didn't see the point in everyone just piling on him yesterday morning and then just sitting there all day with nothing going on. I was hoping to make it a bit more interesting. But at the end of the day, I was always voting Paper over TFang there.

I can't say what I would have done, but I also consider myself one of the better Paper readers on this site and if he hadn't come in and done his good!Paper things I would have lynched him.

I had this thought really early that TFang and Paper were evil together and doing a distancing thing in public, but naaaaaah.

Undeterred by my silence, he decided I was the wolf and that Spj was probably my co-evil. There were a few people who had gut rumblings about me (downside of being a village leader wolf, right?), but NO ONE had scoped Spj. People had suggested a lot of evil teams, but Tfang/Spj was never spoken until Ber decided to act on his gamestate read:

BerenCamlost wrote:
Okay, wolves. I have a favor!

I'm the Blob.

I can win with you if there are two of you left plus some other statistics.

Currently, my Blob consists of me, spj and Samool. TFang will join those ranks if she isn't killed by you tonight.

So, what I'm asking is to please kill acox or Vanders. This plan relies on acox and/or Vanders not being wolves. I will help you lynch the other one tomorrow for your win.

Basically, I think I can only win if the wolves are in spj, Samool and TFang.

If there is only one wolf left, well I don't think I win at all.

If there is a wolf in acox or Vanders, I can't win with the wolves just yet and I'm outing myself early, but I have to take the chance I think.

He then makes two posts that solidify his cred as a neutral, one offhand frustration about us killing Jedit, and one about the roles in the game from his PoV.

We go into a tense last day. There are 5 people alive. If Ber is actually good it is a true F5, and if he's neutral, he and evil are poised to win, but we dance. He puts his opinion down firm:

BerenCamlost wrote:
I plan on it. I was waiting to hear from spj.

I was really hoping you and her were wolves.

Finally he nightfalls on that premise and is joined by both wolves for a very, very clean Blob win. He was low on activity some days, but always sounded pretty crisp in thread, and his under the table attempts to show evil he was willing to work with us we ignored were quite good! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I nominate GaiusJC for Best Performance as a wolf in Shadow of the Doctor.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1796982/doctor-who-shad...

Gaius is often a player who hangs in the background, at least for me, and around D3 suspicion fell in him. He came out with a spectacular, thematic claim that mostly fit right into the roleset, had been foreshadowed in his previous posts, and instantly took him from "suspected" to "practically above suspicion". For most of the rest of the game he was regarded as almost akin to a seer clear, and it was only on the last day that support for him collapsed. It was a great claim and a breakout game on tone for him. Good job, Gaius!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
I nominate GaiusJC for Best Performance as a wolf in Shadow of the Doctor.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1796982/doctor-who-shad...

Gaius is often a player who hangs in the background, at least for me, and around D3 suspicion fell in him. He came out with a spectacular, thematic claim that mostly fit right into the roleset, had been foreshadowed in his previous posts, and instantly took him from "suspected" to "practically above suspicion". For most of the rest of the game he was regarded as almost akin to a seer clear, and it was only on the last day that support for him collapsed. It was a great claim and a breakout game on tone for him. Good job, Gaius!

I'd second this as a BSC nom - it was a great play and I think it has better chances in BSC to win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.