Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the game's not out and I haven't played it but I just keep thinking about how each of the building meeples has a different shape (in the deluxe edition they have VERY different shapes) and yet there is no in game use to them having different shapes once they're on the board. Theoretically all the buildings could be disks and it wouldn't effect gameplay.

So my idea for the expansion is to make the shapes matter. That each different building type has some kind of unique function or scoring once they're on the board.

That's it. That's all I've got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
I know the game's not out and I haven't played it but I just keep thinking about how each of the building meeples has a different shape (in the deluxe edition they have VERY different shapes) and yet there is no in game use to them having different shapes once they're on the board. Theoretically all the buildings could be disks and it wouldn't effect gameplay.

So my idea for the expansion is to make the shapes matter. That each different building type has some kind of unique function or scoring once they're on the board.

That's it. That's all I've got.

I don't have a while expansion designed yet, but I have a start, and I think you'll be pleased to hear about it:

I have 4 new building types, each with their own effects, but the Cath is that you can only build them where an opponent has built a specific building type.

For example, a Keep would need to be built in a hex with an opponent's Castle, a Chapel is built with an opponent's Church, a Market is built with an opponent's Farm, and I forget offhand what you can build with an opponent's Bank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. I figured with all the work you guys put into making the pieces look unique that it was only a matter of time before they got some gameplay love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Very nice. I figured with all the work you guys put into making the pieces look unique that it was only a matter of time before they got some gameplay love.

Oh, I had that expansion idea before we made the pieces. The pieces just look nice for production value

But I agree, it would be cool to make the difference meaningful somehow in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.