Matthew Sumski
United States
Elmwood Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
For the Dragon’s Breath DA, it says to discard ALL items. I am assuming this also means those in your draw pile since you are allowed to discard cards from there for any associated benefits. Would you all agree on that interpretation or do you only discard those items that are in your active hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not sure I understand what you’re describing (discarding cards from your draw pile for benefits?), but none of it sounds right. Could you clarify?

When something says you should discard a card, it generally only means cards in your hand. The exception to this rule is that there are effects that tell you to reveal the top card of your draw pile, then discard it if it meets certain criteria. I can’t think of any circumstance where you’d search your draw pile to discard cards out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sumski
United States
Elmwood Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sean. You caused me to read a ton of other posts to realize we have been playing this game wrong since we got it. We incorrectly interpreted the original rulebook when it talks about discarding cards as a result of the Crystal Ball. We took that section to say you could discard any card in your hand and not just the ones you drew that turn. Your hand meaning your entire deck including the ones you haven’t drawn yet. Is there a way to delete this post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sumskimj wrote:
Thanks Sean. You caused me to read a ton of other posts to realize we have been playing this game wrong since we got it. We incorrectly interpreted the original rulebook when it talks about discarding cards as a result of the Crystal Ball. We took that section to say you could discard any card in your hand and not just the ones you drew that turn. Your hand meaning your entire deck including the ones you haven’t drawn yet. Is there a way to delete this post?

Hold on a sec... Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, your hand is literally the cards you are holding in your hand. Your draw pile is not in your hand. Sean has it right. You only discard from the cards in your hand, with the exception of the cards that say, "reveal the top card of your deck, and discard it if x." Crystal Ball has you first draw cards, then discard, and those discarded cards could be the ones you just drew, or ones that were in your hand already.

Also, don't delete your original post, because the rest of the replies will be left behind. You can't delete other people's replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.