Subject: Just opened the box help!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hello guys, finally opened the box and well I need help!!!

I don’t even know how to begin punching and organizing, right now I only have baggies, where should I begin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search the forums for "storage solution" and you'll find many, many, many options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's a couple threads with storage options:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another-sto...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/28023448

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
More baggies, and a couple of partitioned/non-partitioned plastic plastic pill boxes should see you through.

You can also make tuckboxes, card dividers, foam inserts, cut the existing foam separators, buy cd sleeves, plano boxes, expensive storage solutions...

Really, how far you take it is up to you. But baggies and small dollar store boxes will suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeffrey james
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
my method was to purchase CD sleeves. Then I put all of the monster card decks, monster stat cards, and standees into their own CD sleeve. I labeled and alphabetized the sleeves by monster name. That helped a lot. I then put the tokens and terrain bits into a plano box as organized as I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
No baggies needed. Find plano box storage to store all the tokens. The map tiles hard to store, some of the guys here use map folders to store them based on shape or map numbers.

The cards and minis have their dedicated slots in the tray, as long as you keep the box in that lie down position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Clarkson
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
This was one of the first things I said to my wife when I opened it, I don't think I have ever been as intimidated by a board game before!

I ended up just mainly using bags for all the tokens, but I ran out of bags so a lot of them are mixed up at the moment.

One thing I will say is check in the manual about the overlay tiles, they should really be sorted into doors/traps/corridors/rough terrain etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spawn calibur
msg tools
I went with Y.A.S.S's 3x Plano 3600 and 1x Plano 3601 box for around $23 after shipping. I was gonna go with a wood insert but this is much cheaper. Those wood inserts can be a pain to put together anyway. I'd rather spend that time painting a miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will be more enjoyable the more organised you get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Sm
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
The Matrix has you...
badge
I shake your throat firmly, sincerely yours.
mbmbmbmbmb
You may also find this usefull too - Getting Started Setup Guide and
First Game Setup Guide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mb
I just got the game and used the Broken Token wooden insert to organize everything. It all fits in the original box nicely. After playing the game a couple of times, this insert has saved us a lot of time with setup and takedown. Assembling the insert took about 3-4 hours and the $80 price is a bit steep but totally worth it, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spawncalibur wrote:
I went with Y.A.S.S's 3x Plano 3600 and 1x Plano 3601 box for around $23 after shipping.

I found some similar plano-type boxes at my local walmart (sporting goods section, fishing aisle). Some actual plano brand boxes, some that were knockoff brand. They had the same outer dimensions as the plano 3600s, so they fit inside the GH box the same way, but the divider configuration was a bit different (I think the permanent dividers in one went vertical while the permanent dividers in the other went horizontal). Thus the label/paper templates that people have made didn't match up exactly, but the boxes worked well enough for my tastes.

And they ran about $2.44-$2.88 each. I don't think they had the shallow/skinny box (3601) equivalent, though.

(I know walmart is an evil corporation in many regards, so perhaps my party reputation took a hit, but oh well. haha)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I re-re-organized my copy. I decided I do not like the standees in the CD cases, even after a short time I was seeing a slight bend in the monster card.

I am still keeping the decks in with their respective cards, but the standees are remaining bagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the great new app up, we're strongly considering retiring the Monster sleeves, element board and making them go the way of the monster decks.

The time, storage and table savings are silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
With the great new app up, we're strongly considering retiring the Monster sleeves, element board and making them go the way of the monster decks.

The time, storage and table savings are silly.

What app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.