Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have a first edition set, and note that the third printing of the game had more room for cards, at the expensive of some dead area in the old insert.

To avoid forking out another $20 on a bigger box, I was wondering if anyone had home-made an insert to hold more cards for the box already? Or does any insert manufacturer want to declare a spiffy new insert for the game?!

Would rather keep my (sleeved) copy in the original box if possible, which sounds like it is, but admit I'm a little lazy on insert design / building these days (my foamcore is gathering dust) so got curious if others have already done some of the hard work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think you will be able to make or buy an after market insert for less than $20usd. I backed the new expansion but havent looked into if there is any additional shipping cost getting the bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
I dont think you will be able to make or buy an after market insert for less than $20usd. I backed the new expansion but havent looked into if there is any additional shipping cost getting the bigger box.

I've been in email contact with DMG and they confirmed that the shipping cost is $4 within the USA even with the big box and extra tokens so the base shipping cost covers whatever combination of expansion items you choose to pledge to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David @DailyMagicGames
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct...we're eating the incremental shipping fees for the add-ons.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had home-made an insert to hold more cards for the box already? Or does any insert manufacturer want to declare a spiffy new insert for the game?!

Would rather keep my (sleeved) copy in the original box if possible, which sounds like it is, but admit I'm a little lazy on insert design / building these days (my foamcore is gathering dust) so got curious if others have already done some of the hard work?

I made a simple foamcore insert that holds all the expansions including the Print and Play version of Shadowvale. With a bit of work, it should be able to fit another expansion the size of Shadowvale (removing some of the foam dividers and decreasing the size of the dice holder area).

I'll edit and add a link to the image when they get uploaded, but it is essentially 2 long rows with the tokens inside Ultra Pro 25-count card boxes in the middle and the multiplier tokens in a ziploc bag.

EDIT: Image included now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn
United Kingdom
Teesside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame they are filed wrong - before the index card rather than after 😂

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha, I like them before, since I'd just push the index card back and pick up the stack rather than have to flip past the index card .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.