Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Forbidden Sky» Forums » General

Subject: Forbidden Marathon Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When this is released, I think it would be great fun to play all three back to back to back.

Plunder the forbidden island and attempt to escape in your helicopter.
If successful, your helicopter crashes in the forbidden desert and you have to reconstruct an ancient airship.
If successful, your airship gets caught in a storm.

I like how these three games can form a continuing narrative.

I want to try all three like this, perhaps having each player play the same color through all three games (whatever that role happens to be in that game).
28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brittany Baab
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yesssss! That is amazing and now I am going to do that!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It’s really going to suck when they finally get home, only to discover the world overrun by a horrible pandemic.
39 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
It’s really going to suck when they finally get home, only to discover the world overrun by a horrible pandemic.


Hahaha. How true. There should be a horror movie where gamers are on an island owned by Matt Leacock trying to escape the insidious deadly traps he has placed.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Hahaha. How true. There should be a horror movie where gamers are on an island owned by Matt Leacock trying to escape the insidious deadly traps he has placed.


Ready Meeple One?
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
Hahaha. How true. There should be a horror movie where gamers are on an island owned by Matt Leacock trying to escape the insidious deadly traps he has placed.


Ready Meeple One?


bonus if Wil Wheaton is cast as one of the trapped gamers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure I hear a legacy game in there somewhere...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
When this is released, I think it would be great fun to play all three back to back to back.

Plunder the forbidden island and attempt to escape in your helicopter.
If successful, your helicopter crashes in the forbidden desert and you have to reconstruct an ancient airship.
If successful, your airship gets caught in a storm.


And when you escape the storm in Forbidden Sky and make it home, you find that in this new world to which you are returning, there is only war ... and people once friends are now enemies.

To complete the true quadrilogy of games, you must switch from cooperation to competition in an epic game of Forbidden Stars.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or go fully meta and have Forbidden Forbidden....
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arachnode wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
When this is released, I think it would be great fun to play all three back to back to back.

Plunder the forbidden island and attempt to escape in your helicopter.
If successful, your helicopter crashes in the forbidden desert and you have to reconstruct an ancient airship.
If successful, your airship gets caught in a storm.


And when you escape the storm in Forbidden Sky and make it home, you find that in this new world to which you are returning, there is only war ... and people once friends are now enemies.

To complete the true quadrilogy of games, you must switch from cooperation to competition in an epic game of Forbidden Stars.


Nice try but that's not a Matt Leacock game nor a co-op. And I don't think I would add a three hour game to the session. 2/3 of the marathon would be this game. It would overshadow the others. Pandemic is a more logical followup.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john greeb
United States
flag msg tools
mb
EMBison wrote:
It’s really going to suck when they finally get home, only to discover the world overrun by a horrible pandemic.


If they conquer the Pandemic, the heroes decide to band together to form the Thunderbirds .

If the virus win, humanity is lost. The next species evolves and develops space travel Mole Rats in Space

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JGreeb wrote:
EMBison wrote:
It’s really going to suck when they finally get home, only to discover the world overrun by a horrible pandemic.


If they conquer the Pandemic, the heroes decide to band together to form the Thunderbirds .

If the virus win, humanity is lost. The next species evolves and develops space travel Mole Rats in Space


And then they all retire and take up knitting?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
timxrb wrote:
JGreeb wrote:
EMBison wrote:
It’s really going to suck when they finally get home, only to discover the world overrun by a horrible pandemic.


If they conquer the Pandemic, the heroes decide to band together to form the Thunderbirds .

If the virus win, humanity is lost. The next species evolves and develops space travel Mole Rats in Space


And then they all retire and take up knitting?


No, capitalism.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But would you actually do that as a series of games or as you just naming random Leacock games?

Because I actually want to do the Island/Desert/Sky cycle and other than the suggestion of Pandemic, I am finding it hard to believe the rest of you are sincere about the order of games you are proposing. Am I being mocked?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.