Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Kofoed
United States
Rexburg
IDAHO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like many of you we bought this game for Christmas. We all gathered around the table to play to find out that our particular game didnt include the starting player marker. I've emailed the company twice with no reply from them. Has anyone had any luck with getting their missing prices? Starting player is a must in order to play this game.
We have used a substitute but it gripes me not to have the full game. Fun game yes absolutely, just feeling that company commitment is sub par to their fan base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did include the starting player token. You just threw it out by accident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ctkinc wrote:
Like many of you we bought this game for Christmas. We all gathered around the table to play to find out that our particular game didnt include the starting player marker. I've emailed the company twice with no reply from them. Has anyone had any luck with getting their missing prices? Starting player is a must in order to play this game.
We have used a substitute but it gripes me not to have the full game. Fun game yes absolutely, just feeling that company commitment is sub par to their fan base.

I'm am not in the customer service department, but feel that we all serve our customers and fans. So I will gladly help.

As mentioned previously in this thread, the starting player token was included on a punchboard. People discarded on accident. We saw some requests and posted an image to remind people where to look for it (here on bgg, our social media, and website). If you didn't catch it, no biggie. I can't explain the lack of response from the CSR team, but if you email me directly I will gladly assist as best as I can.

Mike@PlanBGames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem with a missing blue token. I emailed through the site and have not heard back yet. It has only been two days though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
I have a problem with a missing blue token. I emailed through the site and have not heard back yet. It has only been two days though.

See above - I usually do CSR requests I receive in waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctkinc wrote:

Hi Clint!

I'm glad you turned to the BGG community for help. I have a couple notes for you regarding future use of the forums.

First, be more specific in your Thread Subject. If it's primarily about the 1st player token, include that term. It helps future users find what they're looking for much faster.

Second, use that Search Function for yourself. If you had this time around, you might have discovered these posts:

Missing first player token
1st Player Token FYI
What's the deal with the first player token?

or even

Starburst as new 1st Player Marker?!?
Azul pimping (1 player token + scoring cubes)

The more you know...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
qswanger wrote:

Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
elucidarian wrote:
ctkinc wrote:

Hi Clint!

I'm glad you turned to the BGG community for help. I have a couple notes for you regarding future use of the forums.

First, be more specific in your Thread Subject. If it's primarily about the 1st player token, include that term. It helps future users find what they're looking for much faster.

Second, use that Search Function for yourself. If you had this time around, you might have discovered these posts:

1st Player Token FYI

or even

The more you know...!

I'm beginning to think there's a direct correlation between the following behaviours:
* Throwing something out without checking it
* Posting a new thread without checking for similar threads
* Blaming the manufacturer for carelessness

• [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 days with no reply now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

I thought you were referring to the OP. I had to scroll back to through to get that you meant your "missing blue token."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

Email me directly- Mike@PlanBGames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I belong to another forum for a different hobby where customer service complaints are instantly deleted by the mods because it puts people we'd rather have around for substantive discussion (like Mike) on the spot and they might get tired of the constant customer service issues and vanish, depriving everyone of responses more valuable to the community than answering for a missing bit.

Besides, complaining about customer service isn't discussing the hobby and is off topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
qswanger wrote:

I just pulled the shrink off my copy. No starting player marker. angry

And no, I didn’t throw it out. Snide dumbass assumptions or comments like the one quoted above are most welcome. (Sarcasm just doesn’t read well.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Walt Mulder wrote:
qswanger wrote:

And no, I didn’t throw it out. Snide dumbass assumptions or comments like the one quoted above are most welcome. (Sarcasm just doesn’t read well.)

Really? So there was just a hole on one of your punchboards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Walt Mulder wrote:
qswanger wrote:

Highland Cow wrote:
I'm beginning to think there's a direct correlation between the following behaviours:
* Throwing something out without checking it
* Posting a new thread without checking for similar threads
* Blaming the manufacturer for carelessness

* Using the word 'dumbass' in response to a credible explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C GX
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have access to a 3D printer (note, there are some service on the internet that offer that too):

I printed a tile for it from this template: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2712356

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hoskins

Osborne Park
WA
msg tools
mb
I ordered Azul and the promos separately through the Plan B website and have nothing but positive feedback for them. Just wanted to put it out there in light of all the negative comments on the forums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elucidarian wrote:
ctkinc wrote:

Hi Clint!

1st Player Token FYI

or even

The more you know...!

I'm glad for your contribution to the BGG forums. I have a couple of notes for you. Reminding people that the subject has already been posted has indeed already been posted in multiple threads already. Please use the search function to find the endless posts reminding OP's that the subject they are addressing has already been posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
qswanger wrote:

Walt apologies - We are presently out of stock of surplus 1st player tokens. I believe a restock is due in March/April. For the time being, use a token/button/chit/whatever to hold you over. If you submit a request to me (please wait until March/April - so I don't lose the email in the pile), I'll gladly process it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jaxxon wrote:
I ordered Azul and the promos separately through the Plan B website and have nothing but positive feedback for them. Just wanted to put it out there in light of all the negative comments on the forums!

Glad to hear Brett!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaxxon wrote:

Ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.