Popular Tags: [View All]
Balaji Iyengar
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Valandil (God-friend)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw a playthrough video listed in Dice Tower’s playlist.
It was an hour long so I skipped it and landed straight here.

And what do I see??
This game has a difficultly of 1.18??
An open world RPG which is so light?

Like for real? How is it even possible??
Or is it some troll invasion??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bethany
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that it's practically a choose your own adventure with some very light puzzle/riddle aspects and a mechanism where you can only do so much in one day, yeah, it's not that difficult.

It's about the adventure and the story, definitely not about 'the game' with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Browse a review or two.
There are 10 to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balaji Iyengar
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Valandil (God-friend)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Browse a review or two.

Yeah I don't trust reviewers when they talk about difficulty/complexity of games.

Sam Healy thinks 7 Wonders is fairly light for boardgames newbies. I don't think so. TOO MANY SYMBOLS!

I think I'm going to take some time off to watch the play through video of Dragonholt and judge myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
odinMithrandir wrote:
cbs42 wrote:
Browse a review or two.

Yeah I don't trust reviewers when they talk about difficulty/complexity of games.

Sam Healy thinks 7 Wonders is fairly light for boardgames newbies. I don't think so. TOO MANY SYMBOLS!

I think I'm going to take some time off to watch the play through video of Dragonholt and judge myself.

Dude, have you ever read a "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" book? Where would you place that on the BGG weight scale? Probably lower than a 1, right? Now take whatever your answered for that question and add about 0.5 to it to account for the minimal stats tracking, time tracking and "who's-already-had-a-turn-making-a-decision" tracking. It really is an extremely simple system, so much so that I hesitate even to call it a system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It is really that easy to play. The hardest part is actually character creation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Mills
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy to setup and play is, for me, a major appeal of this system. Initial complexity isn't automatically better. For Legacy, the complexity evolves from the narrative, and almost all of that is handled for you. It's a bit like life; many of the things we do daily don't require conscious thought and those things you need to learn (particularly in a more primitive, less technologically advanced world) you pick up as you go.

For example, I like Robinson Crusoe a lot, but the prep for it is a deterrent (various card piles, tokens, scenario special rules, game status etc). Legacy requires almost zero setup; it's a little more complex than picking up your current novel and finding the bookmark. 1.18 sounds about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.