Al
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Just kidding!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a little confusing. So if I played a vault that had priority 6 and the other tied person played one with priority 4, do I win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Dopeski wrote:
It's a little confusing. So if I played a vault that had priority 6 and the other tied person played one with priority 4, do I win?

I think you do win, but I agree that the rulebook is cryptic about this.

On page 7 it says "In increasing order of Vault Priority, each player
will become the Auction Master while all other players are Bidders in that Auction." That means the lowest numbered vault is auctioned first.

For the tiebreaker on page 13, it says "Ties are broken by the player with the least number of Corruption Tokens, then by descending final Vault Priority."

It seems to me that "increasing" and "descending" are opposites, so it would be the person who played the vault with the highest priority number. This might also make sense since a high number at the end is harder to win with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Higher number vaults are auctioned later in the round, so they can be harder to profit on. So it makes sense that they would win the tiebreaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dopeski wrote:

Correct, if tied for money and corruption tokens, the player with the highest (largest) vault priority is the winner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.