Subject: Courtship: G1 second example (multiple suitors) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then, in player order they each make a courtship roll in Phase 4...

It seems that G1 second example (just before G2) has not been updated to reflect the second edition rule's changes.

Courtship sequence now follows the most vocabulary order instead of player order, and stops once a success is achieved. (Cro-Magnon returns home, empty handed...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Campbell
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, I hit a roadblock reading that example as well, and going back to the First Edition rulebook, it doesn't quite make sense there either.

First Edition:
Quote:
- Multiple Suitors If there are multiple courting hunters, each rolls for success in player order, with the last successful suitor as the new husband and the others going home unrequited.

So in the first edition rules, only one player actually succeeds, and the rest go home. Just like the Second Edition rules. But in the example...

First Edition Example:
Quote:
...Archaic goes first, and rolls a "2" which knocks the yellow husband cube into green's unassigned hunters (as a wanderlust hunter). But Cro-Magnon also rolls successfully, becoming the new husband which sends the frustrated Archaic newlywed into green's bachelor pool of unassigned hunters as well.

If I'm reading the rules right, the Archaic should have gone home, not replaced the husband and become a wanderlust hunter. The example seems like it's left over from a pre-First Edition ruleset so I'd go with the rules as written, not the example.

How do we summon someone with edit access to the Living Rules? I can see this screwing up a lot of new people if it comes that way in the printed Second Edition rulebook.

Update:
I mentioned it in the comments of the Kickstarter and they're fixing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArstanNeckbeard wrote:

Update:
I mentioned it in the comments of the Kickstarter and they're fixing it.

Good. Thank you Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.