Elder Sign: Omens of Ice» Forums » General

Subject: Monster markers mix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippos T.
Greece
Volos
flag msg tools
Does anyone considers not using all the monster tokens when playing with OoI or OoD? I mean i dont want to be drawing mummy's and stuff like that when playin with OoI but the wolf packs, grizzlies etc. Same goes for OoD i dont want a grizzlie roaming about a pacific island

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Rise And Reverberate
mbmbmbmbmb
Omens Of Ice is my favourite Elder sign expansion, partly because I love the theme. Because of this I have never used all the monster tokens in an attempt to maintain that theme. I just use the ones that came with the box and a few chosen from the base set. In my first few games I only ever used the monsters from the expansion itself but then decided I needed more than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
k00l wrote:
Does anyone considers not using all the monster tokens when playing with OoI or OoD? I mean i dont want to be drawing mummy's and stuff like that when playin with OoI but the wolf packs, grizzlies etc. Same goes for OoD i dont want a grizzlie roaming about a pacific island

I felt the same and only use OOI monsters when exploring Alaska!

Also, with the items, I don't mix all of the base game items in with the OOI items so that the OOI items appear more frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mix everything, I love the variability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When i play i use all the monsters from the base set and UF, then of playing with any Omens i will add those, otherwise, they stay out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facsantos wrote:
When i play i use all the monsters from the base set and UF, then of playing with any Omens i will add those, otherwise, they stay out.

This is what we've been doing. Often times we don't even pay attention to what the mnonster is. We just treat them all generically as "monster".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.