Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy Tournament #5! Yes, already. :) Getting the hang of setting these up, can do longer ones and shorter ones at the same time now.

This one is identical in format to #3, except it's round robin! Play everyone once and see who reigns when the dust clears.

http://challonge.com/rftg5

4 day rounds
3 games - one each of The Gathering Storm, Rebel vs Imperium, and The Brink of War
2-player (2 actions)
With Promo homeworlds
Using Goals and Takeovers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a competitive arcade game that has weekly round robin tournaments. After the tournament ends, the #1 and #2 finishers play a glory match that determines the "real" winner of the tournament. Might be a fun thing to adopt. Could also be fun to have a stream of the glory match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I thought about making it 2-stage but i wasn't sure of the utility of it, plus it would make the format seem more complicated.

That sounds like a pretty good setup, kind of like fighting game double-elimination, in that the "losers" bracket gets a 2nd shot. Although the losers bracket would only need to win one match to upset, rather than 2...

If this gets all the regular experts (hi rain) i'll probably make the format a recurring thing, and probably make it 2-stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.