3 Posts

Covil: The Dark Overlords» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Szarvak
msg tools
Hey Guys,
I am a fresh owner of Covil. Just played the first 4 man match yesterday. I should say we really enjoyed it!
(One small thing: we felt that the relic deck is far too small only using the base game.)
And my questions:

- if a relic says steal one active relic: the stolen relic goes to my hand and I can (if I want to) play it immediately getting the instant effect and also the passive?
- can I attack 3, 4, 5 times in one single (laying down 1 troop) turn if I manipulate my troops and minions smartly with my free actions?
- can I do: 1 free action -> lay down a troop -> 2 free actions -> buy a mercenary -> 1 free action?
- in a fight situation can I buy relic(s) and play the brand new relic right away to change the outcome of the battle? Same thing If in a battle the relic I play lets me draw a relic from the discard pile, can I use the new relic in the same combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Azevedo
msg tools
The 1st: I believe that the relic goes to the table and it is activated immediately, not to your hand so you can activate it yourself.

The 2nd: You can do as many attacks as you want, as long as you have enough troops standing up. Example: if you have 4 troops standing up and you can with all those troops perform attacks, no matter if it's ranged or melee, you can do 4 attacks. But make sure to lay down your troop when you do it

You can manipulate your meeples using power relics instant effect or the effects of your mercenaries to make you move your meeple without needing to lay it down.

I have no clue about the other two questions.

Sorry about the english, I'm brazilian xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Hope you are enjoying the game =D! I do love this project and its really nice to see other people having fun with it!

Celawyn wrote:
Hey Guys,
I am a fresh owner of Covil. Just played the first 4 man match yesterday. I should say we really enjoyed it!
(One small thing: we felt that the relic deck is far too small only using the base game.)
And my questions:

- if a relic says steal one active relic: the stolen relic goes to my hand and I can (if I want to) play it immediately getting the instant effect and also the passive?
- can I attack 3, 4, 5 times in one single (laying down 1 troop) turn if I manipulate my troops and minions smartly with my free actions?
- can I do: 1 free action -> lay down a troop -> 2 free actions -> buy a mercenary -> 1 free action?
- in a fight situation can I buy relic(s) and play the brand new relic right away to change the outcome of the battle? Same thing If in a battle the relic I play lets me draw a relic from the discard pile, can I use the new relic in the same combat?

1) It goes to your hand. and then you activate as usual.
2) you may perform as many free actions as you want, but you may only perform one troop action at a turn.
3) Yes!
4) Yes! Of course you can do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.