6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about saw class (SPOILERS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Persson
Denmark
flag msg tools

So I have a question regarding the medical packs from this class. It says that they cannot be lost to ignore damage, which makes sense, but where does it say that they cannot be lost to short or long rests? I mean, I imagine that they can't since it would be really overpowered, but where does it say that?

Also, say that you have another ability that makes you discard cards to gain a positive effect. Can these be discarded in that way rather than being used?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
It says on the card. When it is discarded in any way it gets returned to the saws supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Persson
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thank you, but I know that. The question I have is whether I can use the card to rest and can discard it to other effects instead of playing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
When you rest you only lose a card from your discarded cards, not your entire hand.

To clarify, when you use it, it does not go into your discard pile. So it is not even an option to be lost when you rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Persson
Denmark
flag msg tools
... You know I actually did know that, but for some reason when I thought about medical pack I imagined the cards going into your hands before losing them.

Thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
To answer your other question, i'm not entirely sure.

But based off of the wording on the card saying "When this card is discarded for any reason...", that would imply that there are multiple ways this card can be discarded. It specifies that they cannot be lost to ignore damage, so I think it is safe to assume that these cards cannot be LOST in anyway, but they can be discarded in numerous ways.

So I would say yes, they can be discarded for other purposes other than using the ability. Open to other rulings though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.