Hide
11 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Web app with more features for tracking players/monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Huang
msg tools
Hey all, I've created a web app to track player/monster stats and their cards. It's not too pretty (slowly getting prettier), but it's functional. It has a bunch of features I didn't find with other apps out there:
https://j13huang.github.io/gloomhaven/

Some features:
+ player/monster hp/status effect tracking
+ boss hp/immunity support
+ player level/scenario level calculations
+ attack modifier deck with perk and curse/blessing support
+ element and turn tracking
+ basic summon tracking

If you end up trying it out, any feedback is appreciated!

My group hasn't made it too far through the campaign so I only have the 6 starting classes supported, but you can check out the code here if you want https://github.com/j13huang/gloomhaven

Updates:
- Fixed scenario level calculation.
- Fixed end turn button and turn counter.
- Added stat toggle for monster cards. Thanks Pink Rose!
- Added undo draw for attack modifier cards. Thanks James!
- Added attack modifier deck shuffling indicators. Thanks Josh!
- Made the attack modifier decks much prettier. Perk cards are now styled as well.
- Added basic summon tracking

You will need to hard refresh the page to see new fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Yet another web app for tracking cards and player/monster stats
Some way to undo would be nice, in particular for the drawing of monster modifier cards. Other than that it certainly looks functional!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kanehen
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, fairly intuitive and has a lot of great features. Good job, and thanks for sharing!

Doing some quick edge-case testing a couple things popped up:
- Your scenario level calculation looks to be using Avg Party Level rounded up instead of Avg Party Level divided by 2 and rounded up.
- Modifier deck shuffling isn't clearly communicated to the user, particularly across rounds or mid-turn shuffles (drawing through the bottom of the deck in a turn). Perhaps adding a card count for the deck and discard pile somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professional criticizer here.

The colours are too similar between normal and elite. I would make the normal monsters white with black outline.
Also, it's hard to read the white text on the elite yellow. I would switch to a black font.

Adding the monster card stats to the Monster Cards would be cool. Or move them closer so they can be viewed easier. As it is now, I have to scroll each time to see the cards adding to each other.

Lower "End Turn" button doesn't advance the turn counter. Not sure if it's actually doing anything besides resetting the Monster Card decks.

Really like the function just as I looked it over.
Haven't used it in a game but I look forward to it.
Thanks for the time and effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huang
msg tools
Thanks for the feedback! The stat icons are white so I've changed up the color scheme a little bit to make it a little bit more readable. Black icons don't look as good unfortunately.

I've quickly added a toggle for showing stats instead the card back for monster cards. I'll eventually clean up the monster cards themselves and make the toggle show the stat totals instead.
I've fixed the bottom end turn counter. It manages the element tracker too.

I'll play around with adding undo to the modifier deck and some better styling to indicate deck shuffling.

Keep the great feedback coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huang
msg tools
I've added a bunch of styling to the attack modifier decks and I frankensteined the perk cards together.

I'll find some time to improve the monster cards over the next little while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Timm
Germany
Itzehoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think I have found a bug.

When you keep drawing modifiers, you will get miss and crit multiple times. That means, you shuffle the deck after miss or crit is drawn. But as long as you don't run out of modifiers, the deck will only be shuffled at the end of the round.

Ignore what I have posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Petrov
msg tools
Looks great for a one-stop place to manage turns! I'll give it a go this week.

One thing i've noted to be missing is that the statuses are not being removed automatically at the end of the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huang
msg tools
Okay, so I spend some more time styling some things. The HP bars now support mouse click and drag as well.
I also added some basic summon tracking.

I didn't make it remove status at the end of the round since status effects are supposed to be removed only after a monster takes its action (which could be this turn if it hasn't gone yet or next turn if it already has gone).
If you can think of a better way to manage it though I'd love to hear it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huang
msg tools
I've added a section to save/load party members and cleaned up some things for mobile devices. Let me know if you end up trying it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jamieson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good!! thanks!

You could go crazy with it and add item to the characters... but a base, this is so easy to track everything... especially when playing solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.