Subject: Negotiation in the space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan barroso
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Res Pulica is a negotiation and set collection card game by Reiner Knizia from 3 to 5 players.

-Mechanics.

There are 3 kinds of cards: Races, Technologies and Buildings.

By the beginning of the game, the players receive 4 race cards and by negotiation and drawing at the end of their turns, they have to get groups of 5 cards of the same race

With 5 identical race cards, the player builds a space station which allows he or she to draw technology cards and also give him or her 3 points (se buildings cards below)

With technology cards, players have to do the same, by negotiation and draw, they have to get 5 identical cards to build a city. The cities have only victory points but in a bigger number.

When all the technology cards are drawn, the game ends and the player with most victory points.

That's the basic flow of the game, therapy are exceptions (one race card is a wildcard, another is a special race and only can be used to build an specific card which give only points, one technology card serves to block an opponent card and another only can be used to build an university, which chepaen Dr cities to only 4 technology card)

The mistery of the game is in the negotiations fase.
I their turn, players can negotiate with the opponents but with restrictions: they can only ask for or offer not both, one or two different cards and wit interjections 'and' or 'or' not both. Then, the oponents orderly ask or offer to that player. The deal that the active player prefer is done.

-Conclusión.

I like this game a lot, it sometimes depends on the different draws, not only yours but the others too, but if you are alive of the different needs of everyone, you can get some good deals and go for the bigger points (I forgot to say that the cities points decrease each time one are builded)

I recommend this game if you like interaction and negotiation games, it's important to say that there are tons of interaction between players so, if you don't like that, it could be not your game.

The buildings cards. There are two that I didn't write about: the resort (the one of the special race i was writing before and the new colony, which is used to search a card in the draw pile by paying 2 from your hand)

I hope you enjoy this review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.