Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who goes first Jorogumo, Fire Dragon, Earth Dragon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Assume there's also a Bushi or two present.

In this Battle, who goes first. Order by Honor?

Jorogumo - At the start of a Battle, take control of 1 local Bushi or Shinto until the end of the Battle.
Fire Dragon - Counts as 3 Force. At the start of this Battle, kill another local figure from each player (including you).
Earth Dragon - Counts as 3 Force. At start of Battle, you may Move 1 figure from each other player out of this Province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd say ties are broken by honor applies to these situations as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dorsett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBartholomeus wrote:
I'd say ties are broken by honor applies to these situations as well

This is correct, with one caveat... Beginning of rulebook states highest honour chooses the order of timing I believe from memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes exactly. In any timing conflict, the involved player with higher honour decides on the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
宗葆 陳
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Suppose now in Kansai. If Earth Dragon goes first, it moves Fire Dragon to other Province(Nagato).
Will Fire Dragon kill another local(Nagato) figure from each player "At the start of this Battle"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blueskycm wrote:
Suppose now in Kansai. If Earth Dragon goes first, it moves Fire Dragon to other Province(Nagato).
Will Fire Dragon kill another local(Nagato) figure from each player "At the start of this Battle"?

It depends on the order of the battles. If the Nagato battle is after the Kansai one, I don't see why not. But it wouldn't be 'another' figure. The Fire Dragon would never have had the chance to kill figures in Kansai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
宗葆 陳
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
blueskycm wrote:

It depends on the order of the battles. If the Nagato battle is after the Kansai one, I don't see why not. But it wouldn't be 'another' figure. The Fire Dragon would never have had the chance to kill figures in Kansai.

I mean that can Fire Dragon kill another local(Nagato) figure from each player at Kansai's battle time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
blueskycm wrote:
poshniallo wrote:
blueskycm wrote:

I mean that can Fire Dragon kill another local(Nagato) figure from each player at Kansai's battle time?

No, because you are resolving the battle in Kansai, not Nagato. Only figures in the province would need to be factored in.

However, if the Fire Dragon was chosen to resolve first at Kansai (by the player with highest Honour) it would seem to be possible for him to kill a local figure there before being pushed into another province and killing a figure there if a battle was later resolved there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Lol blueskycm, interesting question. Yeah it is no longer part of the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook does say the involved player with higher Honor decides whether to go first or last. However, for timing disputes between more than 2 players, this is a bit clunky. So rather than the simple highest involved Honor player decides order for all, the actual resolution is slightly more complicated:

See 4th post in this thread - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1949108/when-does-effect-st...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.