Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Retail release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched the Let's play video. The game really intrigues me. Alas, I don't have the funds to back it at the moment. So, will there be a retail release of NEMESIS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ebeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If you mean via bricks n' mortar, you are obviously dependent on your local store buying some.

If you mean online, then probably yes. Lords of Hellas still seems to be available via GameFound at loh.gamefound.com, as is This War Of Mine at twom.gamefound.com and The Edge: Dawnfall at ar.gamefound.com

These let you create an account, so they don't seem to be limited to KS backers. You can always just ask AR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have already confirmed retail.

If you have 1$ to spare now, you could pledge to get into the Pledge Manager which likely won't need your money for at least another month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. CLavish
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
They will sell it retail for sure.
In fb's discussions, one Nemesis producer wrote that they are more than satisfied with the sale of a large number of copies through Kickstarter, because their experience shows that Kickstarter sales account for only about 20% of total sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CLavish wrote:
They will sell it retail for sure.
In fb's discussions, one Nemesis producer wrote that they are more than satisfied with the sale of a large number of copies through Kickstarter, because their experience shows that Kickstarter sales account for only about 20% of total sales.

Provided the game is any good, that is!
Which, I am sure that AR will knock it out of the park, as has been the history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lee
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
They have already confirmed retail.

If you have 1$ to spare now, you could pledge to get into the Pledge Manager which likely won't need your money for at least another month.

It's $1.38.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
These games are just too expensive for what gameplay you will get. Just my personal opinion. This and UBoot are overboard in cost. Yeah, yeah, material costs but how many times will you play these? I have backed over 60 games on Kickstarter and I have yet to get the gameplay out of them that I had hoped with the exception Xia and Kingdom Death. I will wait for retail......

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Teamski wrote:
These games are just too expensive for what gameplay you will get. Just my personal opinion. This and UBoot are overboard in cost. Yeah, yeah, material costs but how many times will you play these? I have backed over 60 games on Kickstarter and I have yet to get the gameplay out of them that I had hoped with the exception Xia and Kingdom Death. I will wait for retail......

-Ski

Sorry, I’m pretty new to the KS backing thing, but you seem to be implying you’re waiting for retail to get it for cheaper? I’ll grant my KS knowledge is mostly limited to the hits like Scythe and Gloomhaven. Do titles tend to go retail for cheap? I don’t see why they would if it’s popular on KS (which Nemesis seems to be). Only maybe if they printed too much and had to dump inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbles wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

Sorry, I’m pretty new to the KS backing thing, but you seem to be implying you’re waiting for retail to get it for cheaper? I’ll grant my KS knowledge is mostly limited to the hits like Scythe and Gloomhaven. Do titles tend to go retail for cheap? I don’t see why they would if it’s popular on KS (which Nemesis seems to be). Only maybe if they printed too much and had to dump inventory.

If only wanting to get the core game experience e.g. through Miniature Market, it will most probably cost less (applies only to USA). For example, This War Of Mine core game is sold for $48. On Kickstarter it was sold for £50+shipping. Then again backers got additional expansions as rewards and when considering this KS deal was better. Whether one is going to play with expansions or is just satisfied with base game experience, it's another matter.

Same is true with CMON campaigns. If not wanting to pay for exclusives and will only play core game experience through once, extra miniatures aren't necessarily needed. (Could be sold for profit, though, but sometimes finding a buyer might be tricky for niche titles to make it worth it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
batanen wrote:

If only wanting to get the core game experience e.g. through Miniature Market, it will most probably cost less (applies only to USA). For example, This War Of Mine core game is sold for $48. On Kickstarter it was sold for £50+shipping. Then again backers got additional expansions as rewards and when considering this KS deal was better. Whether one is going to play with expansions or is just satisfied with base game experience, it's another matter.

Yes, if you ok with doing away with exclusives or additional content, you will most likely get the game cheaper when it hits the streets. For example, UBoot's kickstarter is offering Hannibal & Hamilcar at 70 pounds (about $90+) while the game is offered at $70 at several places. Exact same game offered at a $20 increase, but no middle man. Makes no sense right?

Unless you are a completionist, you really don't need the exclusives or extra stuff to enjoy the game. Most likely, you will play the game a couple times and shelve it. This is boardgaming 101. So why blow $100+ for a boardgame that will only sit on the shelf? Remember, kickstarter is not a charity!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.