Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife & I just played this game last month as a 2 player game & I remember having read the 2p variant pretty well. Last night we decided to play it again (2p) and it was like I didn't remember anything so I re-read the rules (more like I skimmed over them) and started to set up, we did the normal set-up with starting cards, 6 tiles for "Matt" (the A.I.) and did the deck as instructed.......except it wasn't until my wife said way late in the game that we're going to run out of tiles before we get to the 2nd scoring card....

I forgot to remove a set of cards of each color from the deck...

We ran out of tiles before we got to the 2nd scoring card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the wife and I have that once before too. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Pena
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alhambra is one of our favourite games with my wife but, sometimes, 2p variant can be annoying. I always keep handy in my cellphone a quick setup and things to keep in mind about the variant. That helped a lot to get Alhambra and other games, to hit the table more frequently. Here my notes just in case you find them handy:

Alhambra 2 player quick set up and rule-reminders

* There are 4 different currencies each one of a different color (green, yellow, blue, orange). Remove one card of each denomination per color (i.e. 1 green, yellow, blue, and orange Number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, card) (the cards that are not to be used can be found in-between the two scoring cards in the main deck -as it is stored in the box-.
* Don’t remove the purples (wild currency, diamonds)
* Shuffle the cards and deal cards to each player until adding up value of 20… Dummy player don’t receive cards.
* After dealing cards to each player, divide the remaining of the deck into five different stacks (approximately equals). Put score card A randomly into the 2nd stack. Put score card B randomly into the 4th stack. Then, reorganize the currency deck by starting from the 5th to the 1st one up.
* There’s a dummy player. That player receives at the beginning of the game 6 tiles.
* When score card A is drawn, the scoring phase takes place immediately. This means, the player whose turn is it, doesn’t play until the scoring phase is resolved.
* The dummy player receives at the start of the game 6 tiles.
* Another 6 tiles after the first scoring card (A) is withdrawn.
* The third part of the remaining tiles in the bag after the second scoring (B) card.
* Don’t forget to use a marker for the dummy player at the VP track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cesarpepe wrote:
Alhambra is one of our favourite games with my wife but, sometimes, 2p variant can be annoying. I always keep handy in my cellphone a quick setup and things to keep in mind about the variant. That helped a lot to get Alhambra and other games, to hit the table more frequently. Here my notes just in case you find them handy:

Alhambra 2 player quick set up and rule-reminders

* There are 4 different currencies each one of a different color (green, yellow, blue, orange). Remove one card of each denomination per color (i.e. 1 green, yellow, blue, and orange Number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, card) (the cards that are not to be used can be found in-between the two scoring cards in the main deck -as it is stored in the box-.
* Don’t remove the purples (wild currency, diamonds)
* Shuffle the cards and deal cards to each player until adding up value of 20… Dummy player don’t receive cards.
* After dealing cards to each player, divide the remaining of the deck into five different stacks (approximately equals). Put score card A randomly into the 2nd stack. Put score card B randomly into the 4th stack. Then, reorganize the currency deck by starting from the 5th to the 1st one up.
* There’s a dummy player. That player receives at the beginning of the game 6 tiles.
* When score card A is drawn, the scoring phase takes place immediately. This means, the player whose turn is it, doesn’t play until the scoring phase is resolved.
* The dummy player receives at the start of the game 6 tiles.
* Another 6 tiles after the first scoring card (A) is withdrawn.
* The third part of the remaining tiles in the bag after the second scoring (B) card.
* Don’t forget to use a marker for the dummy player at the VP track.

Thanks!

You should submit this as a PDF in the "files" section, it's going to be pretty handy for me.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugin wrote:
Yep, the wife and I have that once before too. shake

ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Pena
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I'm glad you find it useful. I'll post it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.