Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
spavanko
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
CHOPSTICKS
Lets say I previously played Chopsticks. On future turn, when I want to use them I call out "chopsticks", and take second card from my hand and play it.
Now, I would like to know next:
After calling out word "chopsticks", but before taking that second card from my hand, can I look at what other players have played this turn, (including the cards they have accumulated before in their play area), so I can decide what card to take? Or I have to immediately take second card from hand without looking at other players area?

The rules stated that I must choose and play that second card form my hand "immediately", so looking strictly at the rules it seems to me that I cannot look the card they have played this turn, and the cards they have accumulated in their play area. So when I call out "chopsticks" I already need to know what second card will I took from my hand, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lavov wrote:
CHOPSTICKS
Lets say I previously played Chopsticks. On future turn, when I want to use them I call out "chopsticks", and take second card from my hand and play it.
Now, I would like to know next:
After calling out word "chopsticks", but before taking that second card from my hand, can I look at what other players have played this turn, (including the cards they have accumulated before in their play area), so I can decide what card to take? Or I have to immediately take second card from hand without looking at other players area?

The rules stated that I must choose and play that second card form my hand "immediately", so looking strictly at the rules it seems to me that I cannot look the card they have played this turn, and the cards they have accumulated in their play area. So when I call out "chopsticks" I already need to know what second card will I took from my hand, right?

You have to immediately play it without knowledge of what anyone else is playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always done it that a call of 'Chopsticks' is done before any cards for the current turn are revealed.

So it would go like this:
Turn N: Play chopsticks card
Turn N+1 (or N+2,...): Say "Chopsticks!" and place two cards from your current hand face down, pick up the chopsticks card and put it back into your hand. Pass the remaining cards to the left/right. Then, once all players are ready, played cards are revealed. You have two to reveal because of the chopsticks call, but others will have only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Molokov wrote:
We've always done it that a call of 'Chopsticks' is done before any cards for the current turn are revealed.

Yes, but all players must have chosen their cards before "Chopsticks" is called.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.