Alfredo Vallorani
Italy
Monsampolo del Tronto (AP)
AP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,
I really love this game and after so many games I'm still playing it (mostly in solo mode) changing the character, the bonuses between the chapters and playing in solo but with 2 characters.
After so many plays I noticed some rules that could be missed so I'm writing them here.
I think they could help:

GENERAL:
- in the first turn of each player you skip the master step (playing at intermediate level);
- you start the campaign with the level 1 skill and a level 3 ability (not 1);
- with some level II masters you have to flip 2 cards instead of 1;
- when revealing master's card/s first you have to match the the card's color and activate the master's ability/ies then you resolve the card and then you have to check if the master levels up;
- if you have minions in your area you can target only in your area (neither other players' area nor master's area);
- if the master has any guard minions you can't target him (e.g. you can't discard his cards);

THIRD ENCOUNTER:
- when you have to add the highest cost card to the ritual if there are 2 or more cards of the proper color with the highest cost, you add all of them;
- when the ritual is complete (the archpriestess has 3 mastery cards attached to her) you add the cards in the market to the ritual;
- if you defeat the archpriestess you discard the first 5 cards of the ritual;
- when the ritual is complete (or the archpriestess is defeated) you have to discard cards, stun champions, take damage and give X life points to the summoned demon based on the cards' color in the ritual;
- after applying this you shuffle the ritual cards in the market deck;
- before summoning the demon shuffle the archpriestess's discard pile and all the mastery cards attached to her into the master's deck
- when Ingarash is summoned it gobbles up the market (Gulp!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Freeman
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
https://todieforgames.wordpress.com/
badge
https://todieforgames.wordpress.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say you start with the level 3 ability? Why would they make level 1 and 2 if you never use them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Vallorani
Italy
Monsampolo del Tronto (AP)
AP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
azarack wrote:
Where does it say you start with the level 3 ability? Why would they make level 1 and 2 if you never use them?

Page 26 of the rulebook under the paragraph "Ability tree":
"The ability tree works just like the skill tree but you start the campaign with the level 3 ability"

Level 1 and 2 are used when you'll buy a seconda ability: it will start at level 1.

Remember that "The ruin of Thandar" is just the first chapter of a whole campaign (thus heroes will evolve more and more!).

Next campaign deck is called "The lost village"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.