Adam Askew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is a little conundrum regarding the possibility of attacking a hex solely occupied by enemy air, not adjacent to an enemy ground unit and to which a line of supply can be traced. As per 14.4. Is it possible to attack such a hex with armour, displace the air unit, advance in then exploit from it with other suitably placed armour units? In other words, is a hex with only an air unit on it "vacant" for the purposes of rule 14.4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. There is a DQB covering this:

Quote:
DQB Exactly what is a vacant hex?
A. A hex without a defending ground unit; an airbase, air or naval unit does not disqualify it as a vacant hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Askew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's clear enough for me. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Schweppe
msg tools
The DQB doesn't say, but I would presume that an empty Bridgehead would also count as an empty hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AutomatedTeller wrote:
The DQB doesn't say, but I would presume that an empty Bridgehead would also count as an empty hex.

Yes, I would proceed based on the "without a defending ground unit" criteria. I think it just listed airbase, air or naval unit to emphasize that while those are considered "units" for other purposes, their presence does not disqualify the hex from being considered "vacant" for this purpose. I do not believe it was intended to be an exhaustive list of exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.