Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! Not posting this cause I think it's brilliant or anything, just wanted to share my process of organizing this beast!

Wow, this game is HUGE! (got my copy on Sunday) I have big hands and they dont look very big here.

It even fits on my (messy)game shelf! But wow, I thought Eclipse and Fields of Arle were big!

Here's where I started to get overwhelmed. I had originally not planned to do any foamcore, but just do cd case for stat/monster decks/standees, and others cheap methods. But when I was in the dollar store they had sheets of 5mm foam board woohoo! But seriously, there were sooooo many bits! felt a bit crazy to attempt something like foamcore for my first time (!!!!)but this game deserved it.

This is the nearly finished result. I still need to do dividers between all the standees but I wanted a picture. None of the dungeon tiles are in the box, I wanted to put those in an accordian file folder so I can organize alphabetically to speed up setup.

Here are all the standees, the boulder tiles and the money. the space next to the 5 coins is where 1 coins will go but didn't want to put them in until I've placed the dividers. This is stilla WIP so I haven't finished this part yet. There will also be a lid on top of the higher section, so as to avoid those guys all getting messed up surprise

Next layer you can see the character boxes, some foam to fill in some space, with a spot for the round tracker. also you can see the box with a lot of the overlay tiles and traps. sorry it's a little blurry, was in a bit of a hurry when I took this one and didn't catch it on my phone.

taking away the foam and the lid for the counters tray you can see some more detail in this pic. I know that some stuff is just all dumped in together but I feel at this point that, as they are all related items, finding what I want won't be too difficult.

A better view of the counters tray and the hp/exp trackers tray, the latter was more done to help stabilize the top level, but I think it fits nicely.

Finally the bottom! Where I have the minis/cards/stands.
I'm using the stat cards as index for the monsters, all in alphabetical order, with the decks in between. There are dividers between all the decks of cards to separate usable from non, etc. The player aids and random dungeon cards are in the space left by the standees.

Well that's my insert so far. I'm happy with it, and most of the credit has to go to my wife, who took my basic ideas, and measured and drew out the sections for me to cut. This was her first time working with foam core as well and she's been a huge help. Couldn't have done this without her! I'll try to remember to upload the final tray when completed, and my organization of the map tiles when I have the folder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
Re: Woohoo ANOTHER foamcore insert!
I am sorry to say that the important pics about the inserts are dead. cannot load
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Woohoo ANOTHER foamcore insert!
Yeah, the uploader was having issues so I tried to link to pics in my google photos library. I've fixed them now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done. I've always been one to try to make everything fit in the box, even if that makes for a bit more set-up time (i.e. searching for map tiles, etc...). Do you think your approach would allow for storing the map tiles in the box if you wanted to? I'm still trying to decide whether to keep the original insert or try something from scratch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snardo wrote:
Nicely done. I've always been one to try to make everything fit in the box, even if that makes for a bit more set-up time (i.e. searching for map tiles, etc...). Do you think your approach would allow for storing the map tiles in the box if you wanted to? I'm still trying to decide whether to keep the original insert or try something from scratch.

It's definitely possible, but not the way I did it. I was trying to get it done quickly as I'm getting my first game in on Friday. To make everything fit would take more pre-planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.