Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Talk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've only played up to scenario 3 so, I'm not at the point that I NEED an expansion to satisfy myself.

I am just wondering. I see a reference when searching the forum of "talk of a future expansion" but nothing further.

Has Isaac said anything about working on one, or what direction he wants to go in?

In our last session, one of our party members commented that the map "looks broken" since the other half is missing entirely. Is it within the realm of possibility of a second entire game, with crossover module?

I envision a new set of characters, and all characters can be played in either game, the "side scenarios" can be shared between games, with items that may be only available in certain regions.

Dunno....Gloomhaven is constantly on my mind now, as well as with most of my group members. I just want to talk about it and I'm stuck here in Guelph Ontario away from my party. (I brought my game with me for further sorting and optimization).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Meissner
Scotland
Edinburgh
Lothians
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Of course, the main goal is to continue to work on the Gloomhaven expansion, but that is a giant affair. I want it to have as much content as Gloomhaven – a full new campaign, plenty of new character classes, monsters, and scenarios, plus a lot of new mechanics I’m excited about. I’m still not ready to go into more specifics than that, and that is largely because I am only just getting started. I don’t expect it will be finished even by the end of this next year, so I don’t think there’s any reason to stoke people’s anticipation now.


from http://www.cephalofair.com/2018/01/thoughts-new-year-2018.ht...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! It is block by this places web filter. I'll just have to look at it when I get back to my hotel. :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkValor wrote:
Quote:
Of course, the main goal is to continue to work on the Gloomhaven expansion, but that is a giant affair. I want it to have as much content as Gloomhaven – a full new campaign, plenty of new character classes, monsters, and scenarios, plus a lot of new mechanics I’m excited about. I’m still not ready to go into more specifics than that, and that is largely because I am only just getting started. I don’t expect it will be finished even by the end of this next year, so I don’t think there’s any reason to stoke people’s anticipation now.


from http://www.cephalofair.com/2018/01/thoughts-new-year-2018.ht...


No reason to stoke people's anticipation I haven't even played the game and I'm stoked for the idea of more story!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kgk4569 wrote:
Argh! It is block by this places web filter. I'll just have to look at it when I get back to my hotel. :/

That's really all that's in that post about the expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little ambivalent on it. On the one hand, this is my favorite game right at this moment. On the other, it's probably the one game in my collection that least needs an expansion. It's going to take me forever to play all 17 classes and get through the campaign. I could probably be on this for years before ever having to go to expansion content.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I could probably be on this for years before ever having to go to expansion content.


I'm in the same boat, but an expansion probably won't be in people's hands until late 2019...maybe 2020. By that time most people will have finished the first campaign and will be ready for more content. An expansion NOW would be silly, yeah. But 2 years from now? Bring it on.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I've been very impressed with everything. I'd certainly welcome an expansion, especially to the extent that Isaac describes in that blog. I'm not ready for it just yet obviously but from the sounds of it, it will be awhile before it's ready anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny McNabb
msg tools
I would like to see this done in a space. The map is the universe and the places are planets. Having aliens would be cool. How about doing it Star Wars ! You characters could be Vader or Hans solo. They would make a fortune. The dungeon would be on the surface of the planet or the inside of a star destroyer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
Gumbicat wrote:
I would like to see this done in a space. The map is the universe and the places are planets. Having aliens would be cool. How about doing it Star Wars ! You characters could be Vader or Hans solo. They would make a fortune. The dungeon would be on the surface of the planet or the inside of a star destroyer.


That game already exists.

But I prefer fantasy themed RPGs to sci-fi.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally prefer sci-fi to fantasy. That said...

1. I'm fine with there only being a thousand Star Wars games out there. There doesn't need to be a thousand and one.
2. Gloomhaven does a really good job of differentiating itself within the fantasy genre. It doesn't feel like Tolkien at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.