Flamme Rouge: Peloton» Forums » Rules

Subject: [break away] - Grand Tour - betting - tie break rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
konny - -
France
flag msg tools
Do you apply this rule in GT ? :

Any tied bids are broken in favor of the backmost rider, i.e. farthest back and leftmost wins the tie

In a Grand Tour it's often the leader, or a top ranked rider

So why not favorise nearest riders of the start line ?

In cycling it's easier for a bad ranked rider to take the breakaway than for the leader

I've followed a forum game and they play with this rule, it seems for me not realistic

I think for my next GT, i won't play with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I play with it, and sometimes we see riders starting further back for that very reason.

Plus you're assuming that it is an advantage for the race leader to hit the break away. That is only the case if the rest of the players haven't pushed the bid high enough. And even so I've seen several stages where the yellow jersey goes into the break away, but I can also tell you for sure that the rest of the pack becomes very eager to catch him. I have not seen him win.

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In real life bike racing it is very rare to see the Top-20 riders take part in an early breakaway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
konny - -
France
flag msg tools
AsgerSG wrote:
Yes I play with it, and sometimes we see riders starting further back for that very reason.

Plus you're assuming that it is an advantage for the race leader to hit the break away. That is only the case if the rest of the players haven't pushed the bid high enough. And even so I've seen several stages where the yellow jersey goes into the break away, but I can also tell you for sure that the rest of the pack becomes very eager to catch him. I have not seen him win.

Asger

i understand

but this rule seem to penalize more bad ranked cyclists, they have to maximize their bet to earn few spaces : double punishment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
They also get the benefit that they push the leader back. Plus they can always start further back, so it is only ever a penalty they choose themselves!

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.