Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Frankie - I agree about the system and I actually think Gazala is an even better fit, so I look forward to your opinion after you play it. I think an Eastern Front battle would work really well for this system, but Roger is a busy guy these days. Hopefully at some point more games will eventually be published for this series.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mooney
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More games using this system would be a must buy for me. Hits the sweet spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Roger would love to publish more of this system but I can not get anyone to design one. I have tried quite a few designers and no one yet has said yes. I may get to one myself someday but with the company getting bigger its really hard for me to get the time to design a game without shutting down everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger, purely hypothetically, what would be your choice(s) for a topic for another game in the series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
I am not picky about topic. What the battle chosen needs is mobility. Scale can be increased or decreased. The combat/movement system was originally from a game at divisional level and the chit pull can work from battalions to division no problem. So WW2 is the best bet but could be any front or period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
First a lot of designers do not like working in a series that was someone else's original design. They want to make their own original game. Most important is we are Revolution Games and not GMT, MMP, or Compass. We get very few game submissions at all. Its a shame in that I think we produce good games, are good to work with, and get them to market quickly when compared to the years of the other companies. In time perhaps this attitude will change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nighteyes77 wrote:
FWIW, I own more than half of the games you have produced and will continue to purchase new games from you as long as they fit in my playtime/counter density box.

I'm just one guy but you have produced some of my favorites (Celles, Battleaxe, Ie Shima).

I am another such guy--Road to Cheren, Siege of Orgun, Gazala, Battleaxe, Iron Bottom Sound III, Pacific Fury, and both 1066 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Thanks for the support guys. We get more customers saying nice things about us it will all work out in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's time for Take Aim Designs to do something that isn't area-impulse.

I've got a few ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure we need another Waterloo campaign game but this engine would be good for that. I’m not a big eastern front guy but there are lots of battles there that’d work. Likewise North Africa. Trying to think about western front battles. Arras? Punch and counter-punch... Sinai? Israel ‘73? Maybe Zhukov, Khalkhin Gol? That hasn’t been done to death and it’s interesting and dynamic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A Chinese Farm battle would be an insta-buy for me and I think this system could work really well. You'd have engineer units to bridge the Suez, add SAM chits in the cup, objectives on both sides of the Suez. I can really see it! Maybe it's even possible to do the entire Yom Kippur War!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baxter
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wanna chime in here as an older gamer who has always wanted to dip his toes into wargaming but never could find the entry point that stuck. Celles was (literally) a game changer for me. People use the word "elegant" to describe euros not wargames, but this is a 100% wargame that is actually (to me) elegant. I too would welcome more games with this system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a nearly fully finished prototype now, but I want to polish it up more and solo test it before starting a full-fledged playtest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.