Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Empires of the Void II» Forums » General

Subject: Questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
1: you can move a group as far as you want as long as you have command. Question is say it takes two command to move through a planet with sarkeen regency. Can I move on past it as long as I have the command or must I stop and fight it as I’m moving through?

2: the rules state you can not drop off units and continue moving. What if my group started to move and they all started on the world ship, can I leave any behind?

3: when I move can I move more than one group? Ie spend 2 command to move world ship and then one command to move sloop?

4: when moving a group I can only claim a planet if it stops moving, meaning once claimed I can’t continue to spend command points and continue moving it?

5: playing a two player game your beginning income is 7. Say you build the next city is it now only 6 or does the 2 extra income for a 2 player game continue to carry over?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
1: you can move a group as far as you want as long as you have command. Question is say it takes two command to move through a planet with sarkeen regency. Can I move on past it as long as I have the command or must I stop and fight it as I’m moving through?


You are never forced to stop in a particular space by any effect other than running out of command - you can pass through a space with the Sarkeen Regency token without fighting it so long as you don't stop there. (The rules only state you are forced to battle them if you end your movement there.)

If you end your move on an inhabited planet with a Sarkeen Regency token you would only be forced to fight it if you chose to stop on the capital section of the planet rather than ending your movement in orbit.

So the only situation in which you'll be forced to battle the Sarkeen Regency without having explicitly decided to do so is if you try and move past an uninhabited planet with a Sarkeen token on, but fail your roll to move past a hazard and don't have enough command to move away in any other direction. Then you'll be forced to end your move on that uninhabited planet, and thus be forced to battle.


eddieharr wrote:

2: the rules state you can not drop off units and continue moving. What if my group started to move and they all started on the world ship, can I leave any behind?


At the beginning of the move action rules, you'll note it says you can move "a number of units" from the start region - you can pick how many to move and how many to leave behind, you just can't drop units off as you go.

eddieharr wrote:
3: when I move can I move more than one group? Ie spend 2 command to move world ship and then one command to move sloop?


No. Again, note that the rules state you are moving a number of units from one region. That word is bolded in the original. In the glossary it clarifies that you cannot move more than one group in a single action.


eddieharr wrote:
4: when moving a group I can only claim a planet if it stops moving, meaning once claimed I can’t continue to spend command points and continue moving it?


Yes. You may only make one attack per turn, and it occurs after you have finished your movement.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For #5, the extra income carries over. You always get 2 more than the value shown in a two player game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Thank you so very much. One more question:

Say player 1 control a planet via attacking it and taking over (I know they do not get the ally benefit nor can they recruit the units), and then player two via influence becomes allies with the planet. Can that happen? Can one player control the planet and another be allies with it, and therefore recruit from it? I am certain they can but just 100% checking. Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
Thank you so very much. One more question:

Say player 1 control a planet via attacking it and taking over (I know they do not get the ally benefit nor can they recruit the units), and then player two via influence becomes allies with the planet. Can that happen? Can one player control the planet and another be allies with it, and therefore recruit from it? I am certain they can but just 100% checking. Thank you.


Yes, that is correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.