Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Hardback» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flushing the offer row rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 instances where the offer row can be flushed. Do both conditions have to be met or just one or the other?

1) at least 4 of the cards cost 6 cents or more
2) at least 4 cards are from the same genre
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
There are 2 instances where the offer row can be flushed. Do both conditions have to be met or just one or the other?

1) at least 4 of the cards cost 6 cents or more
2) at least 4 cards are from the same genre


No, you can choose to if either are true. But only once per turn I believe.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
There are 2 instances where the offer row can be flushed. Do both conditions have to be met or just one or the other?

1) at least 4 of the cards cost 6 cents or more
2) at least 4 cards are from the same genre


No, you can choose to if either are true. But only once per turn I believe.

And only before buying any cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Either this rule wasn't in the first draft of the rules or I missed it. In any case, the game is so much better with it than without!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my official game rules yet. I was reading the rules from the KIckstarter. Not sure if the rule is the same from the Kickstarter to the final game. Will see next week when my game arrives.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't confirm what the Kickstarter rules were, but the printed rules in the box say (to the best of my transcribing abilities):

Quote:
Flushing the Offer Row
In certain situations, you can flush the Offer Row: return all Offer Row cards to the box (removing them from the game), draw seven new cards from the Offer Deck, and place these cards to form a new Offer Row. You can only flush the Offer Row once per turn, before you have purchased any cards, and only if:
• At least four of the cards in the Offer Row cost 6¢ or more, or
• At least four of the cards in the Offer Row are the same genre


There's definitely an 'or' between the two conditions, so you only need to satisfy one condition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:
I can't confirm what the Kickstarter rules were, but the printed rules in the box say (to the best of my transcribing abilities):

Quote:
Flushing the Offer Row
In certain situations, you can flush the Offer Row: return all Offer Row cards to the box (removing them from the game), draw seven new cards from the Offer Deck, and place these cards to form a new Offer Row. You can only flush the Offer Row once per turn, before you have purchased any cards, and only if:
• At least four of the cards in the Offer Row cost 6¢ or more, or
• At least four of the cards in the Offer Row are the same genre


There's definitely an 'or' between the two conditions, so you only need to satisfy one condition.


The "or" is the big difference. It isn't in the Kickstarter rules. If it was I would have never had to post the thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
.....Wow......Removing them from the game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.