Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend that a different symbol is added to each characters sheet. This way, the aeon's end randomizer could randomly choose the customer character when coded to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a start but it would take more than that to add them to the randomizer. There would have to be a way to tell the randomizer which characters finished the campaign (I assume since it goes to 4 players that if you only did 1-3 players during the campaign that you're going to have mage(s) that are still.. starter mages? I guess?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
That's a start but it would take more than that to add them to the randomizer. There would have to be a way to tell the randomizer which characters finished the campaign (I assume since it goes to 4 players that if you only did 1-3 players during the campaign that you're going to have mage(s) that are still.. starter mages? I guess?)

You don't include characters into your mix that didn't finish the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming here going off the info that's been released. It sounds like you take an apprentice mage and make them stronger over the course of the campaign. I assume that there's 4 mages because it goes up to 4 players. So if you play the campaign with < 4 players you are going to have some mages that finished the campaign, and some that are still apprentices. I have no clue if you could play a regular game with an apprentice mage but even if you could, I'm not sure I'd want it to randomly pick one.

I'm sure we'll learn more after the KS launches.

Edit:

Actually this image says it all, it seems like you don't start with any abilities, so I wouldn't want that character randomly picked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we never use the randomizer, in my group, to pick mages.

everyone picks who they want to be AND THEN we use the randomizer to pick the nemisis and the market cards.

But, on topic, this is a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is a good idea. I always try to pick a random mage. I'm not strict about making everyone else play random, but if I always picked I'd gravitate toward the same few again and again.

There's an easy hack to pick a random mage without an app though. Just shuffle up the unique starters and deal them out. Might want to take out one of Indira and Quilius's starters first though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorkPassenger wrote:
There's an easy hack to pick a random mage without an app though. Just shuffle up the unique starters and deal them out. Might want to take out one of Indira and Quilius's starters first though.

That would work if you keep all the unique cards sorted together, but for those of us who bought the extra starter cards to pre-sort every mage's starter deck, it would be a bit of a PITA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, blindly shuffling the mage mats is a bit of a faff but works all right. (Though if players express a mage preference I usually give it to them anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All you need to do it add some cards. Like the OP said make icons for each blank sheet. The randomize card will just have the icon, then as a SG for AEL you can add randomize cards for all other mages too. If you have a mage that hasn't finished the campaign yet, then don't put in their card with shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.