Subject: First game, a couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
First of all Loved it!! First dungeon crawler I've played where positioning, cooperation and tactics matter.

1. Am I right that in scenario 1 if standing next to the open door on tile 1, you're in LOS of an enemy on every single hex in tile 2? Seems very odd but it's possible to draw a line to one corner of the hex so....

2. Is there any way to stop a stun or other status from an attack? If they draw a miss attack modifier or I negate damage by losing a card for example?

3. For a monster attack modifier which does "attack +0, strengthen" does the strengthen effect happen after the attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:

1. Am I right that in scenario 1 if standing next to the open door on tile 1, you're in LOS of an enemy on every single hex in tile 2? Seems very odd but it's possible to draw a line to one corner of the hex so....

Yep.

Gregolution wrote:

2. Is there any way to stop a stun or other status from an attack? If they draw a miss attack modifier or I negate damage by losing a card for example?

No if they draw a miss, the condition still happens.

Gregolution wrote:

3. For a monster attack modifier which does "attack +0, strengthen" does the strengthen effect happen after the attack?

It happens in the order it appears. So the attack happens, then strengthen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Kar
msg tools
Welcome!

1. Not sure, I'd have to look at the setup.

2. Nope! Losing a card and the null modifier both negate damage. Conditions always go through. On the bright side, that's going to hurt the monsters a lot more than it's probably going to hurt you. I can't tell you how many times our Tinker has totally whiffed his damage, but didn't really care because the point was to stun/immobilize/what have you.

3. Yes, it happens after the attack and lasts until the end of the monster's next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:
First of all Loved it!! First dungeon crawler I've played where positioning, cooperation and tactics matter.

The line for line of sight is not allowed to touch ANY part of a wall (this includes the end of where the skinny wall meets the open door and the entirety of the partial hexes on the map tile edges). So make sure the lines you draw do not touch any part of the walls next to the open door, then yes you'll have line of sight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Line of sight is very generous in Gloomhaven. Your character can peek around the edges of a door to hit something standing near the opposite side, and so can the enemies. This is mostly because otherwise, it would be too frustrating to get ranged attacks working in a party of 4 characters. If the Spellweaver has her summon out, and the Tinkerer and Scoundrel need adjacent allies, there might not be any spaces left that can hit an enemy in the next room using more strict line of sight rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.