Axis & Allies Europe 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enemy Capital-City, how many IPCs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans-Jürgen Skoupy
Austria
flag msg tools
Hey,

I was refreshing my AA1940 rules because we start a new game this friday. Now a buddy and me are not sure about the fowolling rule: when you conquere a enemy capital city you receive all “unspent“ IPCs. But what does it exactly mean? The collect income phase is the last step in the turn order. As i read the rules this mean that the IPCs which you have on the end of your turn are unspent. Or does it mean, that only the IPCs which were not spent during the purchase phase are unspent? For example: ANZAC has 15 IPCs and purchase 4 Inf for 12 ipcs. 3 remain unspent. After the turn ANZAC receives 15 IPCs (no gain) the total income now is 18. If japan conquere sydney- how many IPCs do they receive? 3 or 18?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am understanding your question correctly:
You receive whatever unspent I.P.C.'s a country has in its bank at the time you capture the capital(whatever I.P.C.s are in their bank at time of capture). Reason being you may capture a capital before or after that country has had its turn, so they may have all of their I.P.C.s at the time, or only some of them if they went before you.
You get credited with the I.P.C. value of said captured capital territory when you collect income at the end of your turn, but not what that nation would have collected if the capital was still under its control.

Hope this helps.
There are some different conditions to capitals as it applies to the two capitals of the U.K., so watch for those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your example, Japan receives 18 IPCs from ANZAC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans-Jürgen Skoupy
Austria
flag msg tools
Thank you Kriegshund!

@redblackmonkey

But whats the difference between before or after the turn of the original owner? Every time the capital is conquered the owner must have a full bank because the collect income phase (of the original owner) is always the last step in the turn Order???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skubaru wrote:
Thank you Kriegshund!

@redblackmonkey

But whats the difference between before or after the turn of the original owner? Every time the capital is conquered the owner must have a full bank because the collect income phase (of the original owner) is always the last step in the turn Order???

Lol...good point...I was overanalyzing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.