Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
O. Karl Ernst Foelsche
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Three dollars per move seems to be pretty expensive. I have yet to have played a game where people have used it. How often is it used in your games? I wonder about reducing the price to two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very situational. If the game was almost over and we needed a few more fortified locations and didn't have the moves to make it happen that could come in very handy!

Sometimes money is not super tight but movement is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. Karl Ernst Foelsche
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
It's very situational. If the game was almost over and we needed a few more fortified locations and didn't have the moves to make it happen that could come in very handy!

Sometimes money is not super tight but movement is.

That sort of confirms my gut feelings about it. There seem to be much stronger buildings out there. (Like the horse cart.)

If you dropped the price to two, I doubt it would be overpowered. It might also see more use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you collect some wine along the way then you've broken even. If you pick up some wool or brocade then you're quids in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. Karl Ernst Foelsche
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
pawnvsdice wrote:
If you collect some wine along the way then you've broken even. If you pick up some wool or brocade then you're quids in!

You still have to use a worker to get the action. Admittedly, that movement can be strategic, but I still think it's weaker than a lot of other things that you could do with one worker. For example, an automated office or hospital is far, far superior.

On Thursday night, I house ruled it at a cost of two per. Another player bought it, and won, but not by a lot. Final score was roughly 215 (me)-226 (him). He said that used the stagecoach 11 times during the game. He played very well for his first time.

I was doing something new for me: baking bread. Managed 10 loaves at 6VP each. Not sure I'd run that gambit again.

However, even though he won, I walked away feeling like the stagecoach costing two was reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.