Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign.Can hero’s drop in and out. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Vine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just unboxing my copy,looks great.Just wondering when playing the campaign,
If people can’t get to play every scenario,c@n they(or there char@cter)play some scenarios and then miss some and then rejoin the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin of barnoldby wrote:
Just unboxing my copy,looks great.Just wondering when playing the campaign,
If people can’t get to play every scenario,c@n they(or there char@cter)play some scenarios and then miss some and then rejoin the campaign?

Yes. Thats how our group plays too, whoever comes, plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Vine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply.
Does that mean you still use the original 4 characters just have different people playing them?

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are dozens of threads on this topic already. Not being snarky, I'm just directing you to more information.

As for your other question, it is up to you ... it won't break the game at all. However, the players will miss out on character progression when the hero is played by another so you will have to fill in the gaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean you still use the original 4 characters just have different people playing them?

?

We are using all six of the starting characters, and whichever subset of four players shows up determines which four characters play a scenario. Everybody only ever controls his or her own character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:

?

We are using all six of the starting characters, and whichever subset of four players shows up determines which four characters play a scenario. Everybody only ever controls his or her own character.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I've taught this to 2 others and going to be a 3rd tonight...I've played scenario 1 myself twice now as well as scenario 2 twice..one time I didn't take any gold/exp on scenario 1 since I had already played it but I did for all the others..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

?

Hi. My group consists of 4 players. Not all of them can play on weekly basis, so each of our players have his/her own character and noone else (unless they ask for it) plays their character. The composition, therefore, varies in relation to the present players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

You could do it that way, but I think it is more fun for each player to have their own character, especially when it comes to character development choices (which card to gain on level up, which perks to take, what items to buy).

You can have more than 4 characters in a "party" (but only 4 characters at most can play any one scenario at a time). So you could have 6 (or more) characters in the party, and whoever is there for a particular gaming session can join in. Heck, I think you could even have multiple characters from the same character class in your party (i.e. two Brutes), but they couldn't both play the same scenario together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.