United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
mbmbmbmbmb
So. Got this unpacked, punched, and sorted. Sat down last night to play our first game, and... I'm a little disappointed by how badly the player boards and Planet tiles are warped. Planet tiles don't lay flat on the board (like, not even a little; cupped). Same with the player boards. I'm assuming this was a humidity/moisture issue during manufacturing/shipment. Was wondering if anyone else was having a similar problem, and if anyone knows of good solutions.

Other than that, everything is beautiful, and we really enjoyed the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
No such issues for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
First thing I do with every game is put the game boards and punch boards under weights for at least 24 hours. The moisture from printing isn't 100% evaporated on most games and that's what causes the warping. So doing the weight thing will fix these problems. I did that with this game and it was fine the next day.

The main reason this happens is when the manufacturer doesn't do proper acclimatizing at the end of manufacturing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DonRaccoon
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems like this for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Jordan
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
First thing I do with every game is put the game boards and punch boards under weights for at least 24 hours. The moisture from printing isn't 100% evaporated on most games and that's what causes the warping. So doing the weight thing will fix these problems. I did that with this game and it was fine the next day.

The main reason this happens is when the manufacturer doesn't do proper acclimatizing at the end of manufacturing.

I have started to save those silica packets you get in pill bottles and slip one into the box of a game that has a lot of warping. That seems to do the trick as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
We nostalgically watch "Hocus Pocus"!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally noticed this on all our planets on the first playthrough we just did. I'll put them into a pressing thing I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine warped pretty bad as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
set books onem on a nice flat counter for a few hours. be glad Ryan went with a with planets rather than a fully modular board. it'll be fixed right up but not much he can do since our climate / conditions are different from factory/assembly zone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mine also warped bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

This. All games with modular tiles/player boards are going to warp. My Spirit Island boards AND cards are horrid for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

Yup. Scythe and Dinosaur Island worked wonders over night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoffman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours warped before our eyes as we played our first game. Def a bummer. I’ve got everything flattened under the game box with Scythe on top for good measure.

Never was able to fix the warping of the Scythe playmats, even with days under pressing. Might need to try silica gel packets this time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No such issues for me.

Silica gel packets would normally solve this : I used them into all games with cardboards and tiles (Eclipse, Runewars, Scythe, Exodus...) and no more warp since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Vågehed
Sweden
Malmo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is very warped after first play through for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.