Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sorensen

PORTLAND
Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have almost every character and promo released for this system (War, Devastation, Fate, etc).

I love the amount of content in the game, but it is so overwhelming that I almost never get the game to the table. I've also found that this game rewards repeated plays with the same characters.

I want to create a "to go" box, which contains a single play board, timing/health trackers, and 6 characters. I can use this box to artificially limit my choices and encourage me to learn them well. It'll also make the game much more portable.

The question: which 6 characters would you pick for this? I want fairly balanced characters with some variety that capture the "feel" of these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you want to pick characters that have either no or generic tokens to help with portability. This makes characters like Hikaru not good for a kit like this.

I actually created 2 kits just like what you're describing. If I recall, I included Cadenza, Alexian, Shekhtur, Eligor, Luc Von Gott, Karin, Kehrolyn, Vanaah, Demitras, Heketch, Kajia, and Mikhail. All pretty basic characters with interchangeable tokens, making it easy to teach and carry around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct answer is always Seth Cremmul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this too. The way I chose? Myself and each of the three people I play with chose three characters and put them in a deck box. Each deck has all the character cards, tokens for for the chosen 3 characters and a copy of all the bases. So my portable box is 4 deck boxes, a board, rulebooks, and a bag of counters.

The 12 fighters included? I don’t remember all of them as they each chose their three favorites. My three are Joal, Runika, and Eligor. My son chose Heketch, Clynhyde and Sagas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisgmay wrote:
I did this too. The way I chose? Myself and each of the three people I play with chose three characters and put them in a deck box. Each deck has all the character cards, tokens for for the chosen 3 characters and a copy of all the bases. So my portable box is 4 deck boxes, a board, rulebooks, and a bag of counters.

The 12 fighters included? I don’t remember all of them as they each chose their three favorites. My three are Joal, Runika, and Eligor. My son chose Heketch, Clynhyde and Sagas.

This is exactly what my son and I have done. Of course, over time, the number of characters grew, but then we dialed it back again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.