Subject: 8 Players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still anxiously waiting my copy, but with the Dynasty Expansion, it is possible to play with 8? Or is 6 the cap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
6 is the cap.

You won't have the cards or the room for 8. And the game would take wayyyyyyy longer.

It's like Blood Rage was with their extra clans--you had 6 clans total with all of the KS purchases, but was still at max a 5-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 is the cap. With 8 one player each season wouldn't have the chance to select a single mandate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 is officially cap. You could try to play 8, but 1 person would not get to play a mandate every season. Might be fun for shits and giggles though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play 8 mandates every season and you can try it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense; much like Scythe, I would suspect it would drag on way too long. It makes the two expansion factions more interesting because I would suspect that rarely they both would be used. If only one is used, that faction would not have to compete for the 7 Unlucky Gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is all you need to play 6 the Daimyo box with Fox Clan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Is all you need to play 6 the Daimyo box with Fox Clan?

Yes. You either need the Fox Clan (KS Exclusive) or the Dynasty Expansion for one or both of the Sun and Moon clans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd need some house rules but I think if you have an 8-player group that's down to try it, you should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We play Blood Rage with 6. I definitely will be playing this game with 8, what other reason was there to make 8 starting territories and 8 clans? As far as caps go by the designer, what could they possibly know.

I expect the 8 player game to be magnificent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Rothwell
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
As someone who used to love trying to play diplomacy games with too many people, I wouldn't recommend it unless everyone is incredibly enthusiastic, or it will drag on and become boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor Spot wrote:
Makes sense; much like Scythe, I would suspect it would drag on way too long. It makes the two expansion factions more interesting because I would suspect that rarely they both would be used. If only one is used, that faction would not have to compete for the 7 Unlucky Gods.

Specifically because of that issue, I'd strongly recommend never including one clan without the other. You really need both to maintain balance IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.