Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if everything you need to actually play the game on VASSAL was available or if you would need the physical game for the scenarios or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mb
You can't play in Vassal without the stuff in the physical game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will at least need bunker and pillbox markers, as those are not included in the vassal module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:
You will at least need bunker and pillbox markers, as those are not included in the vassal module.

How do I stick the physical pieces to my monitor? Do I have to lay it flat on my desk?

I ask these questions because everything needed for v1 was available online I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In many cases, game publishers ask that if players use Vassal, at least one of them own the board game. I don't know if that rule is different for a purely solitaire game like Fields of Fire. Personally, I prefer playing with the physical equipment anyway, as I spend too much time looking at screens as it is.

All that said, I imagine you could get the basic idea by reading the rules and pushing around a few counters on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:

You have the possibility the take another cover marker and write some labels, it's not a big deal.
One chart is missing too.

I played the 1st scenario with the physical game and it tooks some time for the setup and breakdown between sessions.

For the 2nd scenario, I used Vassal module just keeping phyical action cards drawing and command display with the command tokens, assets, daylight token, activity tokens and the mission log. That was cool, as you can also use the Vassal module to keep notes about the game (experience gained...)

I'm going on a business trip for 2 weeks, and I'll with Vassal modules only, just taking rulebook, mission booklet, the mission log and a picture of the missing chart. I tried the already the 1st turn of the Mision 2 2nd try, and it was ok, when you know how to deal with the cards and the discard...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked it up off the BGG Marketplace for a reasonable price. I'll have it soon enough.

What I really need is a step by step tutorial. The manual seems lacking in that area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Chris's videos, they're linked here and on the GMT website, very well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tazz wrote:
Check out Chris's videos, they're linked here and on the GMT website, very well done!

I agree, these videos are the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok got the game and I'm digging it. Does anyone know specifically which charts/tables I need to scan so that I can play it using VASSAL away from home? What's already included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.