Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to make sure I've read 5.6 and 6.1 (War and Alliance, respectively) correctly.

Assume no existing alliances. Per the example in 5.6, I could have a US-Japan war. 1 each US and Japan cube is in the War space between Fascists and Democracies. Then Japan attacks the UK, and so a UK cube is added to that war.

OK so far. This is where the 5.6 example notes that (for combining similar wars) "even though the US and [the UK] are not in an alliance".

So, war. The US and UK would like to make an alliance. When successful, is this indicated by also placing cubes in the Democracies Alliance box? In turn, a single power could have up to 3 cubes in the Political display (1 alliance and 1 each war vs opposing faction)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it correct, from what I see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. On an earlier reading, I'd been trying to make "war" and "alliance" work with the same physical cube, and that was running into issues when I hit "joint war but not alliance" cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One reason the rules are as long as they are, is that so many of the mechanics form a web of interrelations. We tried to be explicit when possible, but calling out every effect in every place in the rules would be exhaustive for everyone involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've got a space for web assets or appendices or something, I think a political display illustration that shows both a war and an alliance (since the rule examples only show one or the other at a time) could be useful. Heck, I guess I could throw one together and stick it in the images here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this very thread?

I can use Vassal assets to mock one up, but not tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out page 12 of the Playbook - an illustration of a Franco-British alliance at war with Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.