Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I"m sad that Rodney hasn't done a video on this one. Has anyone found a GOOD instructional video to fill the void?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faYsPEJBDvA&t=2s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Rodney will do one. It’s barely reached backers, so I’m sure one will come up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wolfe
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodney is a HUGE fan of CMON products, and the company usually contracts him to do run-throughs. He may just be waiting to get his copy in, or it was scheduled to come out at a certain time before they knew the game would deliver a few months early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a fellow Canadian, I hereby officially nominate Rodney Smith to do an instructional video on how to play Rising Sun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
As a fellow Canadian, I hereby officially nominate Rodney Smith to do an instructional video on how to play Rising Sun.

I second
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warwolf42 wrote:
mrsuitcase wrote:

I second

We have a second. All in favour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chinger
Canada
flag msg tools
If I am not mistaken Heavy Cardboard is doing a live teach and play-through on Thursday of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panguin wrote:
Rodney is a HUGE fan of CMON products, and the company usually contracts him to do run-throughs. He may just be waiting to get his copy in, or it was scheduled to come out at a certain time before they knew the game would deliver a few months early.

He also had a camera lens break I thought which was slowing the recent schedule down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe the game is officially hitting retail in March, so maybe Rodney (or CMON) is delaying the video a bit.

However, it’s worth pointing out that his excellent Blood Rage video was published pretty much the same week backers in the US started receiving their shipment notifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reilly Coughlin
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
While it doesn't help us now, for the future I believe Dized will be doing a module for Rising Sun

They're just going into iOS testing with backers now. Kingdomino is their test game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im all up for Paul Grogan. Rodney Smith just creeps the heck out of me with his eternal fake smile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Im all up for Paul Grogan. Rodney Smith just creeps the heck out of me with his eternal fake smile.

It’s a Canadian thing actually. We’re all so sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
We’re all so sorry.

Well, that goes without saying. We'll say it anyway though...

Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mrsuitcase wrote:
Warwolf42 wrote:
mrsuitcase wrote:

I second

I'm sure if you sent him your copy he would be more motivated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its called a rulebook. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Snivek wrote:
If I am not mistaken Heavy Cardboard is doing a live teach and play-through on Thursday of the base game.

Heavy Cardboard, really? They’re my favorite game channel but them doing Rising Sun seems crazy. I guess it is pretty Euro-ish. I just never really think of CMON as a Euro company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For you honorless Bushido.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helmbreaker wrote:
mrsuitcase wrote:
Warwolf42 wrote:
mrsuitcase wrote:

I second

I'm sure if you sent him your copy he would be more motivated...

I did pledge for 2 All-in pledges

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panguin wrote:

AFAIK he got contracted only for the two videos, the gameplay previews used in the Kickstarters to Zombicide Green Horde and A song of ice and fire, both based on preliminary rules.

Usually he does not get paid by the game companies, when he does, it is explicitly stated. He gets money in other ways like his funding campaign (got my promo card yesterday, yay).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

Eric Lang just tweeted that he’s taking a flight to Milan from Singapore. I hope he means later rather than now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
SwissQueso wrote:
matthean wrote:

Eric Lang just tweeted that he’s taking a flight to Milan from Singapore. I hope he means later rather than now.

I wouldn't count on Eric Lang being there. I think Heavy Cardboard was just paying service by tagging him in the post, not implying that he would be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gang,
My 90th Rules School went live yesterday, and Rising Sun is featured! If you don't include the setup, it's about 22 min long and you can use the time stamps to jump to certain sections.
https://youtu.be/LQ0W7HN5bKQ

You can also see the rest of my Rules School videos here http://www.gameboygeek.com/rules-school

I submitted it to BGG yesterday but it seems moderation is taking much longer than normal. I love the game so much I wanted to help people learn it.
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
Hi Gang,
My 90th Rules School went live yesterday, and Rising Sun is featured! If you don't include the setup, it's about 22 min long and you can use the time stamps to jump to certain sections.
https://youtu.be/LQ0W7HN5bKQ

You can also see the rest of my Rules School videos here http://www.gameboygeek.com/rules-school

I submitted it to BGG yesterday but it seems moderation is taking much longer than normal. I love the game so much I wanted to help people learn it.
Dan

THIS is the rules video for me. Clear, concise, time stamps, great photography. Great job, Dan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:

Say, "Eh!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.