The Networks» Forums » General

Subject: 2 player- Lack of interesting decisions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Belfast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've only played a couple of games 2 player, but in each game it kind of felt that every choice I made was pretty obvious. I think this may be because there's less competition at 2 player and therefore there's less chance of someone else taking the card you need.

Anyone else feel like this? Maybe with more plays it'll change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beardricj wrote:
Hi,

I've only played a couple of games 2 player, but in each game it kind of felt that every choice I made was pretty obvious. I think this may be because there's less competition at 2 player and therefore there's less chance of someone else taking the card you need.

I felt the same. Just to be sure though, you are using the 2 player side of the board that removes cards over time to limit your choices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Belfast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Beardricj wrote:
Hi,

I felt the same. Just to be sure though, you are using the 2 player side of the board that removes cards over time to limit your choices?

Yes, using the 2 player dummy mechanic, but didn't really feel any tension from it. Maybe the take that cards at the higher player counts make it more interesting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary H
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it better with 3 or more, personally. I played with two the first time to learn the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 2p, 3p and 5p (besides the solitaire). The last one was the best one for me, much more funny and more tense. Besides one player who was a bit lost a great part of the time, thr competition was high with the leader changing each season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Carson
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3p-5p is best, of course, but I've played 2p a couple times (with the AI removal of cards, and with the 'advanced' cards) and it's been a very similar game to the 3p-5p.
There are more cards to choose from at the higher player counts, true, but I thought they were reasonably comparable experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls