Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Greatest Faction Becomes Even Greatestier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some dastardly TI4 players, who shall remain nameless, scoff at the game's greatest faction - The Yin Brotherhood.

Today they shall scoff no more!

Scientists in China have taken the first step at unlocking the secrets of the Mahact Kings and lain the foundation for the eventual rise of Darien and the conquest of the galaxy by his Yin Brotherhood.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/health/cloned-monkeys-study/i...

Behold!

Quote:
In the case of Hua Hua and Zhong Zhong, researchers used modern technology developed only in the last couple of years to enhance the technique used to clone Dolly, which is called somatic cell transfer, or SCNT. This is where scientists reconstruct an unfertilized egg.


I present - the "proto-Yin" - precursor to Holiest of Holys. Let us rejoice in devout prayer and solemn joy!
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Always great stuff man!

For realz though, the Yin are awesome. my 5th game of TI4 was as Yin and it has by far been my favorite one. I built so many cruisers and destroyers and just messed people up round 1, they were constantly paying me not to ruin their plans! The secondary of warfare can let you drop a bunch of these light units once you have some more fleet supply tokens. I only researched one technology the whole game and came in 2nd place. Who needs science anyway, all hail the Yin!

It really is just so fun to make people squirm. I will say to play them the best, don't threaten people too much. Always wait until your turn when they can't react to your threats, if you threaten on their turn they will find a way to stop you or just slow you down.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Collins
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can always offer to be bought.
Pay me.....x and that juicy Support promissory note, and I'll mess with the other guy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure about this? I was listening to some podcast about this, and they said that Yin were just the worst. Terrible is what they said.
So I don't know man, are these guys any good at all?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robo Fish wrote:
Are you sure about this? I was listening to some podcast about this, and they said that Yin were just the worst. Terrible is what they said.
So I don't know man, are these guys any good at all?


Pod-jockeys are the WORST! They are agents of the iniquitous. It is my principled mandate that when encountering such individuals I do thusly - A swift strike to the cheek with my silk glove and a prompt duel to the death.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martens
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatta Pake wrote:
Robo Fish wrote:
Are you sure about this? I was listening to some podcast about this, and they said that Yin were just the worst. Terrible is what they said.
So I don't know man, are these guys any good at all?


Pod-jockeys are the WORST! They are agents of the iniquitous. It is my principled mandate that when encountering such individuals I do thusly - A swift strike to the cheek with my silk glove and a prompt duel to the death.

We bite our thumbs at you, good sir.


In all seriousness, I've been taking some pretty isolated looks at You recently. Having to prep for the game I'll play as them so we can finally record a guide...my thoughts aren't...ALL bad
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect a duel to the death is required.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Batista
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jatta Pake wrote:
Some dastardly TI4 players, who shall remain nameless, scoff at the game's greatest faction - The Yin Brotherhood.

Today they shall scoff no more!

Scientists in China have taken the first step at unlocking the secrets of the Mahact Kings and lain the foundation for the eventual rise of Darien and the conquest of the galaxy by his Yin Brotherhood.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/health/cloned-monkeys-study/i...

Behold!

Quote:
In the case of Hua Hua and Zhong Zhong, researchers used modern technology developed only in the last couple of years to enhance the technique used to clone Dolly, which is called somatic cell transfer, or SCNT. This is where scientists reconstruct an unfertilized egg.


I present - the "proto-Yin" - precursor to Holiest of Holys. Let us rejoice in devout prayer and solemn joy!



A great step for space scientology! Praise the Yin.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.