Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm assuming that the First player card can only be played once per round, I didn't see it in the rules but if it were otherwise would be way to over powered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M T
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which first player card are you referring to?

Usually territory cards are played once and discarded to the box for the rest of the game - not sure if there's one that gives you first player.

Typically player order is determined by a randomly shuffled deck containing one card for each clan participating in that game, plus a number of 'neutral first player' cards needed to make that deck 5 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, there's first player card with special action in the game :)

Yes, it's once per game per player, just like Scout and Shugenja. Since each player will have it only for a round, then you could also say it's "once per round". The only difference is that this card returns back to the other first player next round (while Scout/Shugenja once played, are out for good).

And yes, it's almost overlooked in the rules (mentioned in a weird place, once).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bray
msg tools
We'll, each player with have it at least once, if you're playing with less than 5 then someone will have it multiple times depending on the initiative cards drawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
I'm assuming that the First player card can only be played once per round, I didn't see it in the rules but if it were otherwise would be way to over powered.

Yeah. I just flip it over as a reminder it's been used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wbray wrote:
We'll, each player with have it at least once, if you're playing with less than 5 then someone will have it multiple times depending on the initiative cards drawn

True. But you can't use it's power on the first round, or in a two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M T
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Dude, there's first player card with special action in the game

Yes, it's once per game per player, just like Scout and Shugenja. Since each player will have it only for a round, then you could also say it's "once per round". The only difference is that this card returns back to the other first player next round (while Scout/Shugenja once played, are out for good).

And yes, it's almost overlooked in the rules (mentioned in a weird place, once).

Ugh I didn't even see this card. I'll have to sit down and take a bit to read through everything again before playing it more.

I honestly don't know if I like it either. It cheapens the scout/shugenja a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy ZJ
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
But you can't use it's power on the first round

In Page 5 of the rulebook, under Setup step 8, it is clear that the first player in round 1 of a 3,4 or 5 player game does get the first player card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rubberbands wrote:
Cracky wrote:
But you can't use it's power on the first round

In Page 5 of the rulebook, under Setup step 8, it is clear that the first player in round 1 of a 3,4 or 5 player game does get the first player card.

I feel like that's a huge disadvantage. Playing last is always an advantage from sneak attacks to raids, your last token will always be safe. First player could be attacked without response by every other player at the table, they need that to avoid being picked on too much.

The catch up mechanism of the game is to force the winner to be first player twice in the game. (2/3/4 player games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.