Doug VanDerMark
United States
Solvay
New York
flag msg tools
Just starting out - read the instructions a few times. The DQC is in play, on the Borg's first turn, is there a cube already on Transwarp hub to start or is there a spile and I add a node, thus not drawing a command card?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davon Collins
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Would this be more aesthetically pleasing if it were blue?
mbmbmbmb
Hello! You should a system called "The Transwarp Hub." During the Build phase of the Borg's turn, you roll a die and if the number is higher than the number of cubes out and about, you place a cube on the Transwarp Hub (unless a cube is already there, in which case you don't add another cube that turn). The cube then proceeds to the attack/command/assimilate parts of the turn.

So, basically, the Borg should just start with the Transwarp Hub and nothing else. However, with zero cubes out, during the build phase, whatever number you roll is going to be higher than zero, so you'll have to place one cube on the hub. After that, each turn, there's a chance that you won't have to put another cube on the Hub.

Also, make sure you give the Borg a player order card just like any other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that Spires are never built on the Transwarp Hub.

And to be completely clear, the Borg are never "a player". Borg rules p1:

Quote:
The Borg are not controlled by a player, but are a threat to all the forces in the Galaxy.

And p4:

Quote:
The Borg are not controlled by a player, but represent a threat to all the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug VanDerMark
United States
Solvay
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
Also note that Spires are never built on the Transwarp Hub.

And to be completely clear, the Borg are never "a player". Borg rules p1:

Quote:
The Borg are not controlled by a player, but are a threat to all the forces in the Galaxy.

And p4:

Quote:
The Borg are not controlled by a player, but represent a threat to all the players.

Not until they Assimilate a player (Page 6 & 17).

I'm working on a house rule to make them a playable faction for games of 4 or more players. But that is for another story.

I know you are supposed to use green cards for hidden and red cards for Transwarp hub center start. I sort of like to just throw everything in the mix and use both Red and Green cards and shuffle all the Borg systems in the stack. It makes for play set up a lot easier, even though I guess that is supposed to be harder for some reason. Although I guess it does sort of turn a competitive game more into a cooperative game like Arkham Horror and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even when players are assimilated are the Borg considered "a player". What happens is the assimilated players "gain some measure of control over the Borg’s turns". This is important, because the Borg always follow their "program" and never take actions beyond that (which players may as long as they are not assimilated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.