Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Tom Vasel mentioned it, I love Battlegrounds really hope it happens.

If so I hope they take the opportunity to simplify things. I thought it started so well but then more and more fiddly little rules got added that started to bog things down and become easy to miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There's a fair amount of traffic on the restricted areas of the publisher's website forum at the moment (comparative to normal). It is being re-invigorated but there's not much on dates (and those with access are asked not to pass things on, anyway). I'm as hopeful as you that the future is bright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Hellya. I'd be down.
Things I'd like most to see from a re-launch:

1. Tightening balance and streamlining mechanics.
2. Large units printed as single large cards.
3. A second pass on the artwork. The 3D renders are not my cup of tea.
4. Measuring sticks, game mats... basically accessories to upgrade the overall experience.
5. A big bundle with everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got battleground to the table recently and it's amazing how well it holds up. It's an extremely solid system that has good, common sense rules to reflect the tactical realities of battle, yet plays very quickly and smoothly for a war game. I honestly wouldn't change the rules.

If the game were to be rebooted, I would like to see new art, particularly for the orcs. The rest look pretty good in my opinion. Hawkshold is bland but functional, and the undead are ugly, but that works; They should be.

The other factions all look pretty good.

I'd really like to see another wave of reinforcement packs for each faction, and I'd like to see them put a little more "fantasy" in "fantasy warfare". Things like hawkshold halfling slingers, dwarf ram riders, high elf Pegasus cavalry, wood elf eagles, dark elf driders, orc heavy boar cavalry, unenzi beastmaster and lion packs, lizardmen pterodactyls, undead ghosts, etc.

Ideally I'd like to see every faction have a flying unit.

I'd also like to see the "Lords of Vlachold" vampire faction come to kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls