Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [MM] Charterstone Recharge Pack 10%-off Code: $18.63 after code rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris McCleary
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
WARNING: Caustic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Charterstone: Recharge Pack is currently $20.70 at Miniature Market, but with the discount code "CHARTER10" you can get it for $18.63, which according to BoardGamePrices makes it the best price currently available.

Link to item at Miniature Market: https://www.miniaturemarket.com/stm701.html

The code will also work for Charterstone, but even after the 10% discount, the price is still cheaper at Amazon or Game Nerdz.

Happy Saving!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this?

Sales has dropped for this game already?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:
What is this?

Sales has dropped for this game already?


Far more likely:

A) MM over-committed a bit on their pre-order and is wanting to move what is likely an insane number of copies in their warehouse.

B) They're wanting to cash in on the hotness by having people order from them rather than competitors knowing that many will buy another $50+ worth of games to get free shipping.

C) A + B
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:
What is this?

Sales has dropped for this game already?


I'll add my own 2 cents to the previous conjecture:

1) This game did not go to kickstarter so all copies went straight to retail with a huge hype wave behind it.

2) It's popular but not *Scythe* popular and stores gotta keep stuff moving off their shelves.

3) It's January, yo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith

Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add another: If someone is buying the recharge pack, they need to have the base game. Seems like a nice opportunity for an upsell.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McAnulty
United States
Gallipolis
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not at all sure that sales of the recharge pack are in any way indicative of the popularity of the game. For one thing, the game can be played as a game when the campaign is done, and the recharge pack is only for resetting and starting over.

Though I am pretty sure that I am going to end up buying the recharge pack at some point, because the experience of building the game has been that good for us thus far, and it might be interesting to do it again with some idea of where we want to take it next time around.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dettigfan222 wrote:
I'll add another: If someone is buying the recharge pack, they need to have the base game. Seems like a nice opportunity for an upsell.


Wicht73 wrote:
I am not at all sure that sales of the recharge pack are in any way indicative of the popularity of the game.


Looks like you both missed that the base game is also on sale. The title just buried the lead.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McAnulty
United States
Gallipolis
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Looks like you both missed that the base game is also on sale. The title just buried the lead.


Eh, I paid $47.95 with prime at Amazon for the game back in December, and its currently about $44 on Amazon. (Which it is well, well worth!) So there are still better deals on the base game out there.

Still and all, I don't know that the price reflects popularity; there might be other factors. But whatever the reason, my recommendation would be for people to take advantage of the current prices and grab the game. It's excellently produced, and well worth the current $50 price point.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wicht73 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Looks like you both missed that the base game is also on sale. The title just buried the lead.


Eh, I paid $47.95 with prime at Amazon for the game back in December, and its currently about $44 on Amazon. (Which it is well, well worth!) So there are still better deals on the base game out there.


Wasn't commenting on the value of the deal at all, simply pointing out that any conversation of just the recharge pack being discounted independently is irrelevant when they're both eligible for the 10% off coupon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McCleary
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
WARNING: Caustic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
dettigfan222 wrote:
I'll add another: If someone is buying the recharge pack, they need to have the base game. Seems like a nice opportunity for an upsell.


Wicht73 wrote:
I am not at all sure that sales of the recharge pack are in any way indicative of the popularity of the game.


Looks like you both missed that the base game is also on sale. The title just buried the lead.


And, apologies for that, I was just following the Hot Deals guidelines for posting: Miniature Market's price for Charterstone, even with the discount code, does not qualify as a Hot Deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn’t criticizing at all Chris. Was definitely a worthwhile post, even if it spawned a tangent of pure conjecture. Thanks for sharing it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.