David Doyen
msg tools
Both times I've tackled this scenario on normal difficulty I was able to win in a matter of 3 rounds. I just focused on jumping on the chandelier which isn't terribly hard as both of my heroes have a Body Control of 10. The Hero Action card says every hero can do it max 1x per turn so each hero was doing it once a round. I succeeded each time I tried, having to use a fate point to re-roll once. I landed a throwing hatchet, which is not considered an attack so I assumed I can use that without using the hero action. I also used a Well Aimed shot to add some damage to a ranged attack, and played Heavy Fall after Baron dodged, which is also not an attack. Baron only healed once for a few points and never even got to draw a leader card. I thought my first playthrough was just a weird fluke but the same thing happened this time and I've read reports of people having a hard time with this scenario. So what am I doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon marshall
United Kingdom
glasgow
glasgow
flag msg tools
The way I'm playing this, I need to make the body control roll and then also make a successful attach roll. I had pretty poor luck with this so instead I went for the approach of going after all the henchmen, which worked!
You are right though, things like throwing axe, heavy fall and snare are very effective against the baron as you don't need to make the body control roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doyen
msg tools
yeah i was doing attack rolls after the body control roll also. maybe i should just up the difficulty next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just won on normal difficulty as well. Likewise, it took 3 turns. I’m really liking the game but am finding it overly easy. I suppose it’s time to ratchet the difficulty way up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Indian Land
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played three times on normal, failed three times on normal. I either make the body control roll and miss on the attack or vice versa. The dice are not kind to me right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.